CLS 55 this summer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8 CLS

Car
CLS 55 AMG
Ok so, i'm pretty much set. CLS 55 AMG it will be.

I've a few questions :)..

1.) If i'm in Eton/Windsor, what is the best place to get the car serviced? PCS?
2.) Are the five spoke wheels (standard) with AMG engraving 18's or 19's?
3.) What is the service intervals like and what kinda cost through an indie?
4.) Anyone got a shortened pulley and map? What kinda power are you guys getting, any 1/4 mile, 0-60, 0-100 times?

Thanks, :D

See comments below....

Ok so, i'm pretty much set. CLS 55 AMG it will be.

I've a few questions :)..

1.) If i'm in Eton/Windsor, what is the best place to get the car serviced? PCS?
Yes or MSL

3.) What is the service intervals like and what kinda cost through an indie?
10k or yearly for piece of mind. Prices vary dependant upon what needs doing and by who. The Indies on here though are very fair with their pricing.

4.) Anyone got a shortened pulley and map? What kinda power are you guys getting, any 1/4 mile, 0-60, 0-100 times?
Most are between 470-500bhp but will vary due to dynos. My old CLS as standard ran 12.5 1/4 mile. Mapped / pulley will be low 12s.
An 84mm SC pulley and remap will give around a 50-70bhp increase, so circa 530-560bhp dependent on starting point.

A 77mm SC pulley and remap can give around 80bhp, you will also see higher torque using this pulley. Ideally you need to add additional cooling with this mod.

If you add an X pipe and resonator delete or a variation of this you can add circa 10bhp when done with the above Mods.

My CLS has a 77mm pulley, X pipe and resonator delete, plus remap and runs 600bhp.

Thanks, :D

If you need any help choosing a car let me know. A pre purchase inspection is often well worth it.

[email protected] or call me on 02392570123 :)

Thanks both!

Very helpful and BlackC55, I shall let you know :) -- Was planning on having you inspect it anyway :)

What kinda cost is it for a yearly service with you?

I know it's not a CLS, but I know of an excellent well specified, low mileage E55 AMG coming up for sale soon.

Jules

Just read your advert, great spec, colour and interior. Plus it has the rare factory performance pack, pulley etc upgrades and low miles.......I'd be interested if I was in the market.

Good luck.
Jules

Go for it you will love it :). I've had mine for just over 3 years and enjoy driving it every time. The noise will never bore you ;)

Very true! I have no idea about the 0-60 time but the noise is astonishing and addictive.

V8 CLS said:
Thanks both! Very helpful and BlackC55, I shall let you know :) -- Was planning on having you inspect it anyway :) What kinda cost is it for a yearly service with you?

It varies hugely. £200-£700+ depending on what is due.
16 spark plugs.....

CLS ownership you need to put aside around £1K a year on repairs etc.

They are awesome cars and you will love it!

Amo said:
CLS ownership you need to put aside around £1K a year on repairs etc. They are awesome cars and you will love it!

1k minimum.

A set of tyres is £500!

Standard "twin 5 spokes" are 18 inch not 19.

1k minimum.

A set of tyres is £500!

At least! Closer to £700 for a decent set.

Watch out for creaky seats and dashboard, failing intercooler pump, convenience functions battery warning, corrosion around star on boot, excessive oil consumption, failing parking sensor and keyless go handles amongst other things.

These are the wheels i'm on about:

141962808.1AK5QxUP.jpg

Which tyres do most go for? Michelin / Goodyear / Pirellis?

Anyone using Vredesteins?

Standard rim diameter is 18", 19" is an optional upgrade

Pirelli were factory offering for 2005 cars, OK but go hard quite quickly losing wet grip.

I much prefer Michelin PS3, awesome grip whatever the weather (snow and ice/frost excepted, don't expect to go far without winter tyres...)

I use continental which perform really well
The tyres will spin easily when it's damp but
I don't think any tyre will grip with the amount
of power these engines produce , I got a full
set of conti 5ps mo in 19 in for £250 with 6mm
Had them on for 8months and still plenty of tread left, bargain I thought :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EA4U1e4OFQ

I love the sound of this, anyone had this done?

Is CKS good? -- Sounds absolutely savage.

What kinda power increase does this lead to (accompanied by a map)

Can PCS / MSL do this kinda work? What kinda charges?

Damn, I ask so many questions.. =]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EA4U1e4OFQ

I love the sound of this, anyone had this done?

Is CKS good? -- Sounds absolutely savage.

What kinda power increase does this lead to (accompanied by a map)

Can PCS / MSL do this kinda work? What kinda charges?

Damn, I ask so many questions.. =]

CKS = high price

PCS comes highly recommended....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom