CLS 63 AMG W219 M156Spares or repairs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hunty2198

Car
CLS63 AMG
My beloved AMG has been written off by an uninsured driver and my settlement figure was poor. Anyone interested in buying the car or parts or know who does? Also not sure how to add pictures of its current state. Mainly rear right wheel damage

My beloved AMG has been written off by an uninsured driver and my settlement figure was poor. Anyone interested in buying the car or parts or know who does? Also not sure how to add pictures of its current state. Mainly rear right wheel damage

Sorry to here about your car, I hope you didn't lose your NCB but I guess that's dependent on the insurer

Post some photos of the car? How bad is the damage

No I'm protected agains these sort of idiots but I've lost a lot of money from the settlement

No I'm protected agains these sort of idiots but I've lost a lot of money from the settlement

At least you were not hurt, it's a shame these people choose to drive uninsured

I remember seeing your profile photo a little while ago and thinking what a beauty that CLS63 was :(

P.S the punishment for driving uninsured is stupidly lenient, no wonder these idiots continue to do so...

The car was parked

Was the settlement not enough to replace the car with similar ? That is the point of the settlement - it is supposed to put you back in the position you were in before the incident .

If you can't source a similar car to the destroyed one , ask them for more , or take up with insurance ombudsman , citing cars for sale similar to the one you lost .

Notwithstanding the other driver being uninsured , he is still liable in law for your losses , and if he has any assets you could pursue him for any shortfall .

The motor insurers bureau have a fund to cover losses caused by uninsured drivers , against which you can also claim .

Sorry to hear about your car :(

Do you have a front lip fitted? - would be interested.

Last edited:
For some reason I can't upload any images. Anyone give me some guidance on what I'm doing wrong? It's rear right wheel damage mainly but minor panel damage to the rear right and front of car. Insurance said my car was only worth 11k and that because the repairs would be over 3/4 of the value (8.5k) they wrote it off. That based on all new parts and some that probably don't need to be replaced

For some reason I can't upload any images. Anyone give me some guidance on what I'm doing wrong? It's rear right wheel damage mainly but minor panel damage to the rear right and front of car. Insurance said my car was only worth 11k and that because the repairs would be over 3/4 of the value (8.5k) they wrote it off. That based on all new parts and some that probably don't need to be replaced

Upload your images to Photobucket, then post a direct link in the image box above.

Like the others, commiserations on your AMG being written off.
I think you need to push for a better settlement so you could replace your old car with a like for like.

Surely a W219 CLS63AMG was worth more than £11k before the accident?

I'd be searching for similar milage, same age cars to show the insurance valuers their offer was way too low.

You have to be able to replace your car like for like, no matter the value according to the insurance. Push for a higher settlement showing them examples of like for like examples. I did this with my Audi when some plonker drove into the back of it.

I argued this with them and refused the initial offer and they said I would not get any more money. Nothing I can do. Apparently the mileage takes the value down by 2.5k

They do that, you have to be very insistent, I had some right smarmy c*nt try to offer me 8k for my 12k car, tried using scare tactics saying the longer I let it go on for the less I would get etc. I got the 12k in the end.

Absolute pirates these insurance companies.

Notwithstanding the other driver being uninsured , he is still liable in law for your losses , and if he has any assets you could pursue him for any shortfall .

While this may be correct, the simple fact that the person was driving without insurance demonstrates their lack of respect for other motorists, so I wouldn't hold out on any other settlement other than two fingers.

Besides, if they are blatant enough to drive uninsured, I can't imagine them complying with a court order to pay any losses.

I still can't upload photos to photobucket. Is it because I'm using my phone?

I still can't upload photos to photobucket. Is it because I'm using my phone?

Sorry to hear about your car. As the others say keep pushing on the settlement and they may well revise it up. I once asked someone in the business about how they reached a value and he said as rule of thumb the value often ended up halfway between the trade in value and the price of one on a forecourt. See if you can find three or four retail prices to support your claim.

The way that Mikeinwimbledon told me to do pictures was to open your Gallery in the User CP area and upload them into there.

Once they're in you can cut and paste the URL's into any post.

I did it on a PC, mind.

While this may be correct, the simple fact that the person was driving without insurance demonstrates their lack of respect for other motorists, so I wouldn't hold out on any other settlement other than two fingers.

Besides, if they are blatant enough to drive uninsured, I can't imagine them complying with a court order to pay any losses.

Agree completely , hence my comment 'if he has any assets' .

The only satisfaction is that if you win in court , and have enforcement granted , the bailiffs tend to be like a dog with a bone .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom