CLS 63 EDITION 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavidL

MB Enthusiast
Car
s203 C55, x218 CLS63
Does anyone know anything about these? It appears to be an S engine upgrade over the lower powered engine, so to 558bhp and that's about it. There might be some interior bits, carbon trim etc but it's all a bit vague. Looks nice in black though.

Edition 1 cars are basically (nice) styling exercises so nothing more mechanically over the S model.

Not sure the Edition 1 was ever in the CLS line up.

Not sure the Edition 1 was ever in the CLS line up.
Definitely was, Romans sold one a while back
I didn't realise it was MB wide and used on various models. It seems to be a ltd edition from a new model roll out to part those who want a bit more special from their money.

Reactions: Abb
Hopefully someone will be able to confirm what is actually included in an Edition 1, as that one from Romans looks pretty standard to me. I take sellers descriptions with a pinch of salt, after all, how many cars are described as 'fully loaded with every conceivable extra' when they are actually standard spec.

I would expect a Edition 1 car to be a bit more special than standard in the looks dept, in keeping with other editions 1s across the range, like the C/E 63.

As far as I’m aware, the Edition 1 options came in with the W205 AMG & then the W213 AMG, I’ve never heard of it being in the CLS.

From what I recall, there was the pre-facelift W218 CLS 63, then an S just before facelift, then the S carried into the facelift and I’m not sure I can even remember a standard ‘63 in facelift guise.

It doesn't look like very much extra but I've found 3 now, all the same so it does seem to be a real "thing".
There's one on here from a member who has since vanished.

ETA and another (actually this is the one above)

It doesn't look like very much extra but I've found 3 now, all the same so it does seem to be a real "thing".

There’s (another!) thread on that car already somewhere, possibly about a year ago? :thumb:

As far as I’m aware, the Edition 1 options came in with the W205 AMG & then the W213 AMG, I’ve never heard of it being in the CLS.

From what I recall, there was the pre-facelift W218 CLS 63, then an S just before facelift, then the S carried into the facelift and I’m not sure I can even remember a standard ‘63 in facelift guise.
Pretty much it Lee. I am cure when the FL was introduced it was the 'S' spec. A lot fo 63 SBs seem to have the CF inlays, whereas the coupe version doesn't, from my research when I was in the market for one!

All FL cls (estates anyway) are S versions, and that bit more expensive. Frankly another 30bhp isn't all that but I think they do get an LSD as standard which is.

Reactions: Abb
The Ed1 does exist - CF interior, slight performance increase. Rest is as per.

Usually never more then 3-5 SB’s for sale.

Could it be that “Edition 1” is on the options list as opposed to the actual model e.g. the W213 E63 S Edition 1?

Found an article confirming they were to be launched (ED 1) on 2013. However, like other ED 1 cars across the range, they were identifiable as being in the exclusive designo matt colours.

My understanding: Edition 1 cars were available from launch and had most options fitted as standard, including the performance pack upgrade to 550hp. (Not the ’S’ spec.). All colours were available.

Couple of CLS63 SB on eBay @DavidL
Thanks. There is a ed 1 for sale too but there's not a great deal for me and my e55 needs a little bit of prep to get to be ready for private sale. Letting it go for what's been offered seems a bit of a waste.
I might reconsider in the new year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom