Cls 63 plate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pagzzy

I have the number plate cls 63, just wanted your thoughts on what it is worth. I am thinking of selling it to fund a trip for my little girl.

Any thought? Or any idea what other Mercedes plates went for or are worth?

Thanks

Well according to Primo reg plates £27,599:dk: i dont really know why you would have to ask?

Tony.

Very subjective - worth diddly squat to me, but may be worth a bob or two for Charlie Lyle Smith who was born in 1963.

thanks

it is so subjective but hopefully I will bump in to Charlie Lyle Smith who was born in 1963 one day ....

who would pay 27k for a plate.

You never know Charlie may own a MB CLS 63! ;)

Plates are worth whatever someone wants to pay. Reg transfers recently had the plate F 1 on offer for £ 12,000,000 . :crazy:

£12 million for F 1? DO 1!

Nice advert. Hope you raise enough for your kid's trip......

Well, wee Bernie can afford it, no doubt about that.

CLS 63 sold for £2600 at the DVLA auction in Weybridge in July this year which I guess is where you bought it?

So it's worth £2600 + whatever premium anyone is willing to pay.

Last edited:
That seems quite cheap to me, though personally, I wouldn't pay it even if I had a 6.3 CLS. I might well go for a personal plate if I could find one of the three or four registrations that mean something to me, but not otherwise.

Thinks: Do the DVLA publish a list online of ALL the registrations they have available for sale?

That seems quite cheap to me, though personally, I wouldn't pay it even if I had a 6.3 CLS. I might well go for a personal plate if I could find one of the three or four registrations that mean something to me, but not otherwise.

Thinks: Do the DVLA publish a list online of ALL the registrations they have available for sale?

They publish a list for each sale, then the results once the sale has finished.

They drip feed the plates out rather than flog them all off in one go - it keeps the market buoyant.

See all the hammer prices for the last even there:-

Last Auction

Thank you for that. Is there any point, then, in calling them and enquiring after the specific plates I would be interested in?

I see CL65AMG went for £2200; that, too, seems cheap.

Last edited:
I like it and would covet it if:

I had a CLS63 and the spare cash.

I see CL65AMG went for £2200; that, too, seems cheap.

Not really, unless you own a CL65 AMG and only ever keep it on that exact car.

Not aimed at the op but it's only really the plate sellers that try and sell car specific registrations for silly money; there's someone on this very forum trying to sell a £500 plate (UK63 AMG) for £3k or thereabouts, there's someone on the RR Sport forum attempting to sell RR15 SVR for £2,500 when you can buy plenty of RR __ SVR plates direct from the DVLA for £250-500, some even better than what he's selling.

I actually like the OP's plate, it does have value separate to the car model ie three letters then two numbers. It's certainly worth more than the aforementioned AMG plate.

Try selling it to MB UK ?

Even if you got five grand for it , you've doubled your money.

why would anyone with a CLS63 badge on the boot lid want it on number plates back and front as well?

why would anyone with a CLS63 badge on the boot lid want it on number plates back and front as well?

Alzheimer's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom