Cls 63 plate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
why would anyone with a CLS63 badge on the boot lid want it on number plates back and front as well?

People do don't they ? :crazy:

Witness all the crappy MBZ plates on Mercedes Benz driving about ..

And all the people who have A* CLK or SLK on their plates ..

Or the amount of BMW's with plates ending in BMW

Almost as silly as the people who have the car badge on the side of their number plates.

250 GTO on a Ferrari 250 GTO is pretty cool though.

Mind you that doesn't have any badges on the boot.

250 GTO on a Ferrari 250 GTO is pretty cool though.

Mind you that doesn't have any badges on the boot.

Yes. :D

People do don't they ? :crazy:

Witness all the crappy MBZ plates on Mercedes Benz driving about ..

And all the people who have A* CLK or SLK on their plates ..

Or the amount of BMW's with plates ending in BMW

Almost as silly as the people who have the car badge on the side of their number plates.

When we bought our BM the dealer had ****VXR in their monthly quota so we grabbed it for the irony.

I paid under 4k with the tax and charges. Personally liked the plate and submitted a reasonable bid didn't think I would get it though. Didn't want to seem like the post was an advert but wanted to gauge the interest. Looking at what other and plates were going for thought it may be worth selling.

Ideally wanted to keep it for a cls 63 one day ...I know but I like the idea of a nice plate on a car. But hey if it made me a bit of money for the little one why not.

650s plate went for 40k ..... Crazy but then to own a 650s mclearn you got to have some money behind you

I take it, then, that you cannot contact DVLA and ask if a specific registration is available?

AMG 130Y (AMG BOY) is so w*nk.

But BO55 AMG is even w*nkier :fail

Last edited:
I take it, then, that you cannot contact DVLA and ask if a specific registration is available?

Yes you can. You can mail them and express an interest in a particular plate combination, they will tell you if it has already been issued, and if not you can ask for them to issue it in future auctions. They will notify you when it is going to auction. How do I know.....my brother did the exact thing! :bannana:

I like the plate. I think having a plate that means something even if just to you is better than just a random collection of letters and numbers.

Value is always determined by the size of the market or sometimes the wealth of the market.

The 63 market for the OP's plate is quite small so I think it would be limited to around 5k, however I did have a Ferrari 430 with 430 oo plate and sold the plate with the car for 10k so you may find a buyer for a little more.

I paid under 4k with the tax and charges. Personally liked the plate and submitted a reasonable bid didn't think I would get it though. Didn't want to seem like the post was an advert but wanted to gauge the interest. Looking at what other and plates were going for thought it may be worth selling.

Ideally wanted to keep it for a cls 63 one day ...I know but I like the idea of a nice plate on a car. But hey if it made me a bit of money for the little one why not.

What made up the extra costs?

Nearly £4K on a winning bid of £2600 is nearly 50% on top, which is a big chunk.

I've never bought a private plate so simply curious.

Sorry it was about 3.5 just had a look vat at 20% then 8% buyers fee and retention fee £80

AMG 130Y (AMG BOY) is so w*nk.

But BO55 AMG is even w*nkier :fail

Why not abandon all pretence and just go for W4 NKY?

or in due course KN08 BOY or KN08 BER

I could go on and on, and with luck, others will. Go on; you know you want to...

How about KN08 WNK or KN08 HED! Now look what you have started! :D

Sorry it was about 3.5 just had a look vat at 20% then 8% buyers fee and retention fee £80

Is the 8% "buyer's fee" like a service charge, i.e. an extra charge for which you get absolutely nothing, levied for no reason whatsoever except greed, for doing only what they would have to do anyway as part of the transaction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom