CLS 63 Shooting Brake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),

God, I'm tempted. I don't care for white cars, or plain black interiors, or those rather fussy wheels, and the mileage is high-ish (the one previous owner must have spent a fortune on fuel), and I'm still distinctly wary of the M157 from previous experience, but I like the CLS SB a lot, and the prospect of another M157 with the 550 hp AMG Performance Package is extremely attractive...

Remember the Crunchy Nut Cornflakes ad: Must...Resist...

Last edited:
but I like the CLS SB a lot, and the prospect of another M157 with the 550 hp AMG Performance Package is extremely attractive...

Remember the Crunchy Nut Cornflakes ad: Must...Resist...
Keep telling yourself the spec is a bit on the poverty side and that it's covered lots of miles. That might help ;)

If it was an M113K car I wouldn't hesitate, even in that colour scheme ...

Wow that's cheap. 133k should be fine. Possibly will need rear air shocks replacing. Mine went at 68k (previous owner paid)

Hi , What would you have to pay to purchase the AMG E class estate of the same year.

Could be a great car but only the next owner know.

You pays your money

There's been a high miles white car around for a while. Not sure if this is it.
Apart from the dealer blurb it may not be the higher bhp car. On a 12 plate it would be the 525 engine but it does have the LSD and with all the carbon so it may be an edition one car. These had the cooled dynamic seats, the S pack, no red calipers or lsd though, and all the interior carbon. Most seemed to be black.
This one has been around since Dec but it sounds a great car and the price seems fair. If he'd offered a vaguely fair price (by my standards) on my e55 I'd have bought it but no deal sadly. He seemed a decent bloke though.

£6k for for 75k miles? I think I'm more in favour of the black car especially considering resale.

ETA lots more pics on the dealer site

def an ed 1 car so with lsd and rear heated seats its a well specced car. Miles though ?

Hi , What would you have to pay to purchase the AMG E class estate of the same year.

Could be a great car but only the next owner know.

You pays your money
Depends on the mileage, options and whether bought privately or dealer.
I've not seen a biturbo with as many miles up for sale before.
At a guess, between £19k -24k for a 12 plate E wagon'

I'm in the minority that think the CLS shooting brake is an unattractive car. The saloon is nice but the shooting brake does nothing for me.

The other white one was I think this one: 2014(63) MERCEDES BENZ CLS63 AMG SHOOTING BRAKE 5.5 V8 BiTURBO 7G TRONIC MCT EST | eBay. It's gone now, but it was so cheap because it is a damaged repaired car. Mileage was 30k less - not a huge amount.

If this one is genuinely 557 bhp, it will have Option P30 - the AMG Performance Pack. BUT... I've seen an MB brochure online which stated that the pre-facelift E63 PP cars had the LSD as standard, but they did not; my 2012 E63 also had the PP, but no LSD, so the CLS may have been the same, and the dealer may be wrong.

The black one isn't an SB, but even if it was, I definitely wouldn't want an all-black car anyway. I never worry about resale value; once the money's spent, it's gone.

My biturbo engine needed (very expensive) major repair at less than 100K miles. I'm satisfied I know now what the cause was - dodgy intercooler pump - but it's made me very wary of high-mileage M157s; who's to know if one has already had the problem, and been sorted before the real damage has shown up? Bent conrods will never get better on their own...

The ad doesn't mention Harman Kardon or the Driver Assistance Package, so presumably this car doesn't have them; because of the thick B pillars and the heavily-tinted rear windows, the DAP in particular I find very useful indeed.

The clincher? I've just been out and looked at my blue one again; nah, I'm not swapping it for a white one.

Last edited:
White does rather make it look like a whale, not a colour I'd choose but black I can live with (the black shooting brake is definitely a shooting brake mind). At least it's not silver. Blue or red would be even better.
AMGeed - we'll forgive this lapse in taste, only this time mind ;) The rear end isn't very practical as estates go but especially in amg guise they do have some presence.

...the black shooting brake is definitely a shooting brake mind...

So it is. Which opticians do you recommend? AMGeed and I can go together...

I've not seen a biturbo with as many miles up for sale before
The Kleeman S212 currently for sale on autotrader has 148k miles on its M157.

I'm in the minority that think the CLS shooting brake is an unattractive car. The saloon is nice but the shooting brake does nothing for me.
You may be in the minority but not alone. Does absolutely nothing for me either, I too find it unattractive and don't get me started on white cars! :p

The Kleeman S212 currently for sale on autotrader has 148k miles on its M157.
Find another dozen like it, and it might be reasonable to start to draw conclusions.

I know nothing about these cars, but is that bonnet to bumper shut line correct?
s-l1600.jpg

Find another dozen like it, and it might be reasonable to start to draw conclusions.
I definitely wasn't drawing any conclusions from it, just noting it. It's an outlier on the market, so no inferences made!
I was very sorry to read your story a while ago...I like to keep my cars up to high miles and it did make me nervous about the M157.

[Q]I know nothing about these cars, but is that bonnet to bumper shut line correct?[/Q]

The bonnet has two adjustable catches, one each side; the left one needs screwing down a touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom