CLS 63 (W219) 7 G tronic issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seochris

Car
CLS63 AMG
Hi Everyone...new to the forum and my first post.

Having a little issue with the box and wonder if anybody has experience of the same thing. The car is fairly new to me so not sure whats going on here.

In C mode it kicks out of 2nd into neutral at a standstill. So waiting at the lights or in traffic and if its been idling for about 20 to 30 seconds or more the car seems to move into neural even though its still registering C and D on the dash. It will jump back into gear when the revs reach about 1500 or so.

Does not seem to happen in S mode.

There are no fault codes on the computer and the oil has been changed very recently.

Any views?

Firstly are you sure it had the right fluid put in gearbox when it was changed ? Get it checked out on star otherwise your just stabbing in the dark. The 7G is a bit of hybrid and needs proper diagnostics.

Firstly are you sure it had the right fluid put in gearbox when it was changed ? Get it checked out on star otherwise your just stabbing in the dark. The 7G is a bit of hybrid and needs proper diagnostics.

Cant be sure its correct but was happening before the oil change as well....

Excuse my ignorance but what is 'star'.

STAR is MB diagnostic equipment.
It is used to connect to the ECU and retrieve fault codes logged when there is a problem.
Unfortunately the main dealers are rather expensive for STAR diagnosis so most members tend to find an independent MB tech running their own business. with less cost to the customer.

Where are you located? With that info maybe someone can suggest a good indy nearby.

Star is the MBOEM computer diagnostics that main dealers and good independents use. It can read data in real time and faults that other generic systems can't do.

Could you tell us where you are based ? Someone may be able to recommend a good Indy nearby who can help. It does sound as though you have an issue with the box.

Star is the MBOEM computer diagnostics that main dealers and good independents use. It can read data in real time and faults that other generic systems can't do.

Could you tell us where you are based ? Someone may be able to recommend a good Indy nearby who can help. It does sound as though you have an issue with the box.

Hi Thanks for that.....I live in Abu Dhabi. Might just take it along to the MB dealers here for a diagnostic check.

I have CLS and as well small wired behaviors from time to time (especially on cold). But did not have that "wirdo" before.

I learnt that usually there are three options:
1. oil issue (too much, not enough, etc ) easy - just go, change it , pay
2. you do not say a year of a car - but there is a gearbox software update available
3. something mechanically serious - doesn't seems like your scenario

I guess the safest bet here is 1, 2 or 1+2 :)

I have CLS and as well small wired behaviors from time to time (especially on cold). But did not have that "wirdo" before.

I learnt that usually there are three options:
1. oil issue (too much, not enough, etc ) easy - just go, change it , pay
2. you do not say a year of a car - but there is a gearbox software update available
3. something mechanically serious - doesn't seems like your scenario

I guess the safest bet here is 1, 2 or 1+2 :)

Its a 2007. Yes I think it's something minor...or maybe just hoping it is! Otherwise its great...smooth changes and very well behaved otherwise. No noise or vibrations etc....it can be managed by shifting it into neutral if stopped for a long tkme. Its ok then....

If the garage cant find anything wrong with it then it cant be too serious. ?.

Never gets cold here so its always warm! Oldest ive ever seen the oil on start up is about 32c....

Thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom