CLS Aluminium Paddle Shift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ierton

Car
Volvo V60 T6 Recharge - BMW 1250GS
Has anyone retrofitted these to their 55?

I have but I got the 63 PP wheel with them already on. Much nicer wheel than the skinny 55 wheels and the PP version has the alcantara where it's actually usable rather than the rather bizarre cosmetic use on the 55 one.

The paddles work perfectly with no electrical mods but you'd have to butcher the wheel to fit them to a 55 one.

182345d1273481477-e63-performance-package-alcantara-steering-wheel-sale-amg-performance-package-cls63-e63-steering-wheel.jpg

I did this too, but I swapped mine for a steering wheel with paddles (not buttons) and then changed the plastic ones over to Aluminium ones

I probably won't bother if they're not a straight swap.

I have but I got the 63 PP wheel with them already on. Much nicer wheel than the skinny 55 wheels and the PP version has the alcantara where it's actually usable rather than the rather bizarre cosmetic use on the 55 one.

The paddles work perfectly with no electrical mods but you'd have to butcher the wheel to fit them to a 55 one.

The 63 looks to have a different part number for the paddles - A2308218751?

definitely not a straight swap

tried this, and to make it fit you need to cut bits out of the existing s/w

Do you have the buttons on your steering wheel? If you have plastic paddles, then it is easier, just need to resolder the connectors to the new aluminium ones. The aluminium ones fit in place of the black plastic paddles

I'm only querying it because I have the Alcantara wheel (with buttons) and it's listed here with paddles?

Double-checked and that wheel is for the CLS63 P/P not CLS55 as stated.

Does anyone know whether the SLK55 steering wheel with paddles be fitted to the SLK32

Double-checked and that wheel is for the CLS63 P/P not CLS55 as stated.

It's a 63 wheel but it fits the 55 amongst others so nothing wrong with the listing. Exactly what I did and where I got mine from though he's jacked the price a lot recently.

The early 63s had the same style wheel but the small plastic paddles just as donshl said.

If you've got the cash the new wheel makes a huge difference to how the car feels, makes it feel much newer as that is the way most wheels are shaped nowadays, much thicker and more comfortable rim rather than the thin knobbly thing the 55s have. Stroking the cold aluminium is quite kinky too :eek:

Much more than just a hatchet job cosmetic upgrade like the paddles and bolts straight on using your existing airbag and quickly swapped back for resale when you get rid as they seem to be in demand.

If you look at the paddles are going to set you back £100 alone it makes the complete wheel price rather less painful.

I'm not that bothered really. The 55 Alcantara P/P wheel is very similar to the 63s - maybe a bit chunkier.

No worries, each to their own, but it really is nothing like the 63 wheel.

It's exactly the same as the normal 55 wheel with a bit of alcantara around the inside (???) of the rim, in the same way as the 63 PP wheel is the same as the standard 63 wheel but with alcantara in place of the perforated leather in the really thick 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions.

Think we'll have to disagree on that point. Having driven lots of CLS55s over the past nine months I can say it's very different in feel to the standard item.

definitely not a straight swap

tried this, and to make it fit you need to cut bits out of the existing s/w

Found this thread which shows exactly what needs to be done to the rectangular CLS buttons (870273-0010).

Think we'll have to disagree on that point. Having driven lots of CLS55s over the past nine months I can say it's very different in feel to the standard item.

Fair enough, I'm only going by pics of it and the opinion of many Americans who've owned both :)

Can you reuse the airbag from the std CLS55 wheel on the CLS 63 wheel inc metal paddles?

its all in the build date, if your car is 805 or 806 build code then the newer steering wheels will fit!

sl, clk, E , cls all the wheels will fit, just different part number so dont get too hung up on that side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom