CLS Axle Stand Point

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tunnie

Car
Not a Merc, yet!
Silly question time, I had a look under a CLS today, I could see each of the 4 jacking points, I think I'd get a jack pad to lift it up. But it was not obvious where the axel stand points were?

Does anyone have any photos or description of where I put axel stands, on a W219?

Silly question time, I had a look under a CLS today, I could see each of the 4 jacking points, I think I'd get a jack pad to lift it up. But it was not obvious where the axel stand points were?

Does anyone have any photos or description of where I put axel stands, on a W219?

Rear lift on diff case and axle stand both sides then front there is a plastic puck under engine. Lift them axle stands each side .

Thanks for the reply, might need a photo, not sure where exactly you mean.

Thanks for the reply, might need a photo, not sure where exactly you mean.

For front just look under front about 18 inches in and it's a rectangle black bit in between the engine covers. Rear is the diff housing! Sure you know what that is? If not you really shouldn't be working on this and send it a garage for your own safety. Don't mean to sound condescending but safety first.

For front just look under front about 18 inches in and it's a rectangle black bit in between the engine covers. Rear is the diff housing! Sure you know what that is? If not you really shouldn't be working on this and send it a garage for your own safety. Don't mean to sound condescending but safety first.

I've normally work on 15 year-20 year old cars, with a clear chassis rail, so simples for axel stand. I'd never ever consider putting axel stands on a diff housing on my current car, I'd put them under the plate for the rear ARB bushes. So I'm surprised diff housing would take the weight, yes I know what it is, I've been owning/fixing RWD cars for last 10 years :rolleyes:

I simply don't know my way around the underneath of a CLS, as it's all covered under plastic under there. I'm not used to cars with an undertray!

This is my current car, taken for one of my main guides. As you can see it's much clearer to see the chassis rail, when I looked under the CLS it was all flat and a sea of plastic. (yet to get one fully in the air, as only have a peep while looking at one at a car sales place)

DSC05679.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom