CLS Buying Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paneraiseeker

Firstly Hi every one, first post so be kind. Having never owned a Merc i thought i would start off with a CLS but as always in need of advice. My budget is around 30k can go higher if need be. Main criteria is diesel and leather, sat nav being a must. Is there only one engine size in diesel....What other extras are a must. What type of fuel consumption should i expect around town ...
Many thanks

Around town mid 20's. Leather, COMAND, Parktronic would be my 3. Silver or black with tinted windows and AMG alloys would make it on,

"The COckpit MAnagement and Navigation Device - COMAND for short - acts as a “command centre” for all audio, telematics and telecommunications functions on Mercedes-Benz vehicles. Depending on vehicle specification, functions like the radio, CD player, DVD player, telephone, navigation system with dynamic routing, and amplifiers are all integrated in the COMAND system."

Much more than just sat nav :)

Aye COMAND is Navigation etc. Gives iPod connectivity and other cool stuff. Would also suggest Harmon Kardon and tel prewire/bluetooth

Aye COMAND is Navigation etc. Gives iPod connectivity and other cool stuff. Would also suggest Harmon Kardon and tel prewire/bluetooth

Thanks...that was going to be my next question....

Do you think i can get my self into an 08 for my budget...

Thanks...that was going to be my next question....

Do you think i can get my self into an 08 for my budget...

Edit-see johny's post. £30k ought to buy you something nice but nowt wrong with a slightly older car. I'd go for a dealer car for that nice warranty, 30 day cooling off period and redress if indeed not HPI clear or a dud.

Last edited:
I have been looking at the CLS's for the past 3 days and just drooling at how much car you can get for your money :(

I have been looking at the CLS's for the past 3 days and just drooling at how much car you can get for your money :(

Same with me, was thinking about a S-Line A4 Audi but for a little dollar more i can get a CLS...No brainer...

Same with me, was thinking about a S-Line A4 Audi but for a little dollar more i can get a CLS...No brainer...

Absolute, total and complete no-brainer. An S Line feels as though its suspension is made from concrete, anonymous looks and an acceptable but still gruff 4 pot.

Test drove almost every car up to £60000 in the Mercedes line up in the 12 months prior to buying mine. Best compromise for me. Not much has the road presence, comfort, cathedral like silence and sheer grunt. Also although I live in close proximity to "the Cheshire set" of Wilmslow and Alderley Edge where footballers and tv "celebs" abound and Mercs are wall to wall there still dsoesn't seem to be an overabundance of CLS's which pleases me no end :D. Makes me feel quite superior (only thing that does to be honest :rolleyes:)

Yep, 320 until very recently when it changed to the 350, but still essentially the same engine.

You should know what the residuals are like by looking at the prices to buy a secodn hand one.

Have one, and fully recomemnd it. IMHO leather and COMAND are the only essentials, but the standard 17" wheels on some look a bit wrong.

Yep, 320 until very recently when it changed to the 350, but still essentially the same engine.

You should know what the residuals are like by looking at the prices to buy a secodn hand one.

Have one, and fully recomemnd it. IMHO leather and COMAND are the only essentials, but the standard 17" wheels on some look a bit wrong.

Agreed! Options are just that. Only you know what you can and can't live with.
There was a facelift in 2008, mostly small things but the newer cars get the much more up to date sound system with voice control, bluetooth and a harddrive sat nav etc.
Like this one :thumb:
Mercedes-Benz Retail Used Cars :: Vehicle Details :: CLS320 CDI 58reg Parktronic COMAND Linguatronic

If you avoid the first few months of ownership from new, the residuals are rock solid.

Gents how much did the 320 start at, have been looking on the MB configuration and can only get the 350 which starts at £47k. As there not making the 320 anymore I'm assuming that's why its not coming up on the configuration. Where the 320 near that price to start off with. Thanks.

Gents how much did the 320 start at, have been looking on the MB configuration and can only get the 350 which starts at £47k. As there not making the 320 anymore I'm assuming that's why its not coming up on the configuration. Where the 320 near that price to start off with. Thanks.

350 is essentially the same engine as the 320. The 320 would be about the same price, maybe £1k cheaper or so

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom