CLS Comand software W219

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paddcomp

Car
E320CDI Avantgarde Estate S211
I asked the dealer to check that the Comand was up to date with firmware and maps prior to collection of my CLS (w219). This car was included in the Mercedes 3 years of map updates, so should be updated.

The dealer couldn't access their computer systems whilst I was there and we also tried the "hangup" +6+* key press sequence. This just resulted in changing the radio channel?
What screen should I start from?
Are the key presses sequencial or at the same time (like Ctrl+Alt+Del)?

Any other ideas on how to get to the screen telling me that software and maps I have? What should the latest versions be.

My car is a 2010 W219 with NTG2.5, integrated 6 DVD changer and HDD.

Ok, I worked out the menu. Can anyone help me with what these screens mean?

ForumRunner_20131120_172716.jpg

ForumRunner_20131120_172735.jpg

ForumRunner_20131120_172758.jpg

ForumRunner_20131120_172825.jpg

ForumRunner_20131120_172452.jpg

ForumRunner_20131120_172503.jpg

ForumRunner_20131120_172515.jpg

ForumRunner_20131120_172716.jpg

Looks like my maps are on Version 4, with 9 or 10 being the latest. I've just emailed the dealer to see what they can offer to update the system.

As I'm talking to myself I may as well carry on.

The dealer responded today. Turns out my car wasn't included in the 3 years free upgrade to Comand, like I was told prior to purchase. Dealer offered to update for £99, offer rejected.
Dealers second response was much better. They will collect the car on Tuesday leaving me with another one, and update the Comand for free.

The car is back from MB Wakefield with V11 showing for HDD version sw. Not had the opportunity to check anything else but assume any other updates required are done too.

The car is back from MB Wakefield with V11 showing for HDD version sw. Not had the opportunity to check anything else but assume any other updates required are done too.

Are you sure it is saying V11? V10 came out for retail in November. It was released for dealers only in august.

Hi

Could you confirm the DIY procedure to check firmware/software on my comand

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi

Could you confirm the DIY procedure to check firmware/software on my comand

Thanks

If it's NTG4.5 then press hang up + 6 + * all together for a couple of seconds, this will bring up the Engineering menu.

This is my new map version.

ForumRunner_20131215_203505.jpg

It does look like version 11... possibly a dealer release, as the current retail version is showing as v10.

I did read however, that v10 was re-released following a bug in the original batch - I just wonder of they called the late v10, v11?

v11.0 is now officially out... looks like you had and early release of it.

V12 now out

I had my NTG2.5 COMAND sat-nav maps updated today at the local dealer.

Looks like V12 is now out.

Pictures attached, Before V4 and After V12.

Just thought I'd update this thread as it's posted as a sticky.

S.

Attachments

• Before-2014.07.05_07.45.29.jpg
    Before-2014.07.05_07.45.29.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 216
  • After-2014.07.19_19.35.43.jpg
    After-2014.07.19_19.35.43.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 203
Just as an addendum to this, I managed to get the dealer to update the firmware on my 08 CLS to the latest (9/29) for free by quoting TIPS document number GI82.85-P-046208.

They didn't believe me at first but when they looked it up they were happy to - I think they must be able to claim for the labour back from MB.

I also had the 09/29 firmware update done at MB Swindon for free a few weeks ago by quoting the TIPS document,they also installed new map data for me too

I also had the 09/29 firmware update done at MB Swindon for free a few weeks ago by quoting the TIPS document,they also installed new map data for me too

Can I ask what this TIPS document is, and do you think I could get firmware updated for free ?

After a bit of googling I take it that this applies to the 2.5 not the 2 that is fitted to mine

I had my NTG2.5 COMAND sat-nav maps updated today at the local dealer.

Looks like V12 is now out.

Pictures attached, Before V4 and After V12.

Just thought I'd update this thread as it's posted as a sticky.

S.

I've recently bought a CLS 2009 with NTG2.5 and HDD. Did they update your firmware at the same time? I've got 08/13 showing as SW when I use engineering mode but have booked it in with the dealer to have the firmware updated. I'm assuming (rightly or wrongly) that this will be done free of charge referring to the TIPS document mentioned earlier in the post? The car has always been serviced at MB and I would also assume that this update should have been done by them at the time of servicing whilst under warranty? On the phone, they said they may need to charge £100 for a diagnosis even though I have explicitly told them it needs a firmware update!!:doh: Up to this point, MB customer service has been shocking!!

I bought the up-to-date DVD discs from the dealer on Monday but read that it needs the updated firmware before these will install so haven't tried them yet.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom