CLS Crossmember Bolt & Bush missing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

effbee584

Car
Jag XF 3.0S and 10 yr old Micra 1.2 auto with Air Con.
Had my newly acquired CLS on a ramp in a tyre place today and the fitter pointed out what he thought was a 'missing' bush and bolt. The picture is taken looking forwards with the diff just forward of the crossmember. The screw thread showing is clean and shiny. There was some rear end work done recently, new rear springs and discs/pads, perhaps these bolts/bushes had to come be removed. I am an ex military aircraft engineer and it looks wrong to me. There is one on the left but not on the right.
So I called the dealer and explained it to the service manger who told me that he'd seen this before and it was correct, only the left had bolt bush is fitted.
Seems hard to beleive but what do forum members think?

OOPS - edit - picture didn't post, will add asap

Last edited:
Is there a bush and bolt missing?
effbee584-albums-my-mercs-picture5542-2012-02-10-15-43-25.jpg

Hi

It certainly looks as though there should be 2 and any Merc I know has 2 but there seems to be only 1 listed for some of the CLS on the EPC others have 2. What are the 1st 6 digits of your chassis number and i will check?

Thanks 230K
Chassis Number is WDD 219 3222A111841

Hi C240Sport97
I can't really see the detail in your picture, it looks like you have both fitted.

Can you confirm?

230K may provide the definitive answer soon.

In any event, why would some cars have two, and others just the one?

Thanks

Hi

I have had a look and part no A2113511142 axle housing to rear subframe quantity 1

So unless the EPC is wrong 1 is all you have, when I check a CLS55AMG they have 2 with the same part no.

Hope this helps

Hi again 230K
I quite accept what you tell me, and the service manager, just really strange. I suppose the extra one is only required for higher powered cars.
I take it the EPC you refer to is some sort of parts/construction list.
Thanks very much, great help from a great forum.

230K - Thanks again, it would be reassuring to hear of another 320cdi CLS or W211 E class thats the same.

Anyone??

hi - I have a cls320 - same thing just happen to me tyres guys pulled me to one side - they were worried as i only have one crossmember bolt and bush fitted so it looks like a norm on cls ??
CHeers

Yes my 55 reg pre facelift e class 320 CDI has only one.

As the thread initiator, thanks to all the responses.
So one it is on a CLS320cdi, never noticed on my E320cdi. Still seems strange though.
Happy to close this thread now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom