CLS Diesel Sooty Exhausts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lol diesel and soot go hand in hand

deanhaydenclose.jpg

Does Delhi have many diesels Stupot?

I'm only kidding mate. Both fuels are bad in different ways.

Have to say I do find it wickedly amusing when a car floors it and emits a huge plume of smoke followed by very little forward motion :D

The best MPG I've had on my 63miles each way commute is 46.5pmg and I was well happy with that to be honest. I must admit I was driving like an old fart tho.

And as people say the O2 sensor does make a difference and mine is out of spec according to my Star report.

Who's best for mapping in the North West and is there a tried, tested and trusted map?

My cls320 or any of the 3.0 Mercedes diesels have never smoked or become sooty. Not saying yours has an issue but it wasn't something I experienced

I'm only kidding mate. Both fuels are bad in different ways.

Have to say I do find it wickedly amusing when a car floors it and emits a huge plume of smoke followed by very little forward motion :D

I agree to a point but what really amuses me is when you buy an 63AMG and put the boot down and all you get is a diesel rattle and no power lol.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/135008-c63-amg-engine-trouble.html

I think I will stick with my smelly ole diesel lol.:rolleyes:

I agree to a point but what really amuses me is when you buy an 63AMG and put the boot down and all you get is a diesel rattle and no power lol.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/135008-c63-amg-engine-trouble.html

I think I will stick with my smelly ole diesel lol.:rolleyes:

I note your rebuttal, im sure I could find many more threads on here about injector failure regarding the MB oil burner but I find my time better spent filling up with petrol :)

ALFIEBEARD said:
I agree to a point but what really amuses me is when you buy an 63AMG and put the boot down and all you get is a diesel rattle and no power lol. http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/135008-c63-amg-engine-trouble.html I think I will stick with my smelly ole diesel lol.:rolleyes:

Read that thread the other night

Aside from the two cars in that thread, isn't that the only evidence (within this website, anyway) that we know of? I.e, just two vehicles? As opposed to all the diesel faults

I note your rebuttal, im sure I could find many more threads on here about injector failure regarding the MB oil burner but I find my time better spent filling up with petrol :)

Bit of a difference between injector failure and the whole bottom end letting go though,@ 30k to repair:doh: twice in one members car;).

Alfie:D

Read that thread the other night

Aside from the two cars in that thread, isn't that the only evidence (within this website, anyway) that we know of? I.e, just two vehicles? As opposed to all the diesel faults

Apparently lots of instances across the globe + lawsuits against Mercedes. still think they are nice motors though;) also far more diesels sold than petrols so obviously more reported faults.

Alfie

ALFIEBEARD said:
Apparently lots of instances across the globe

Mainly in the USA, but we're only both getting these facts from that one thread?

I've researched a hell of a lot into these and I haven't seen much that put me off, I own a diesel which I haven't driven in a week, no point me having it and dread to think what it's doing to the DPF with these short journeys it gets :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom