CLS Driver seat stuck and twisting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzquaff

Car
Cls
Hi All
This is my first forum post but I have found this site to be a great source of info over the years for some minor faults and fixes.
I have had my 2008 CLS 320 CDi (UK registered) for over 8 years now and it has been a great car with very few problems over that time having covered 90k miles hardly missing a beat.
I have just brought it back to glory with a full wheel refurb and x4 new tyres and it looks mint 👍🏻
Unfortunately I have a problem with my driver's side (RHD) seat. All the buttons work and drive the motors but their is a fault with the forward and backwards control.
The seat is currently stuck in the furthest back position (I am tall) and when I try and move it forward with the switch then the motor whirs but only drives the the right hand side track. This makes the seat twist to the left and inwards rather than move the seat forwards?
Having researched on YouTube I though something might be trapped in the tracks triggering a safety feature but I can't see anything and because the seat is right at the back I have used a paintbrush and vacuum cleaner to get every bit out, but there doesn't seem to be anything caught.
I though it might help if I removed the seat to get a good look but I can only get the front bolts out as I can't get access the rear ones to check it thoroughly due to its position, the back of the seat covers the rear bolts.
Any suggestions as to what might be the problem? And how I can go about fixing it?
Thank You
Garry

Please stick to your existing thread, not sure why you have created a 2nd identical one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom