CLS Grand 7G Software Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

siremastimus

Car
2010 350 CDi CLS Grand
Bought my first Mercedes at turn of the year, a 2010 CLS Grand Edition with AMG body kit, love it, great car!

Will take it in for service soon and am probably going to use Wayne Gates after reading lots of positive reviews on here.

I have seen a couple of people refer to a software update on the 7G gearbox, can anyone confirm this exists and if so can independents perform these type of updates. Are there any other updates I should enquire about when the car is in, I have already done the Sat Nav and command.

Thanks All!

I had my GE in to my indie for a B service and he couldn't do the 7g s/w update. Although he has STAR, he told me to take it to the dealer.
The update was performed and this has smoothed out some lumpy gear changes, but I'm not entirely happy with the throttle response or low speed gear changes still.

Had similar experience to Paddcomp. My indie cant get his hands on any updates. Had to take it main dealer for Comand and Tranny update. Some dealers don't have a clue about these updates so will requires some phoning around.

For the W204 there were some settings within DAS that will allow you to select different throttle settings. I found one that made the car much more responsive. I`m looking to get my own DAS system soon so that I can see what else I can find in all those menus!

Thanks all, just booked car in for first service with Wayne Gates next week and they are going to try and get the updates done as well so fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom