CLS Grand Tyre Pressure

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by siremastimus, Mar 29, 2014.

1. siremastimus

siremastimus Member

Car:
    2010 350 CDi CLS Grand
    Have just changed my 18" AMG Grand Edition Alloys over for some 19" AMG III and Goodyear asymmetric 2 tyres, look great! Will be putting the old alloys up on here and eBay shortly, they are in excellent condition and plenty of life left on the Dunlop Sport tyres too.

Can I check the pressure the new tyres should be, I looked in petrol cap and seems to suggest 30 PSI for normal load but just want to check this pressure still applies to the change of alloy size? Was thinking of going bit higher just to allow for when load is slightly higher, say 32?

Thanks All!

2. GordonTarling

GordonTarling Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2007 E63 AMG V8 Estate
    Your handbook will show pressures for an unloaded and loaded car. Just use those. You don't need to alter pressures simply because of a size change.

3. OP
    OP
    siremastimus

siremastimus Member

Car:
    2010 350 CDi CLS Grand
    Thanks, yes said 30 on petrol flap for normal load, just seemed quite low to me compared other cards I have had

4. whitenemesis

whitenemesis MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2016
    Treat the loaded/unloaded figures as a range within which to experiment finding the pressure that give even wear across the tyre and acceptable ride comfort/handling.

5. developer

developer MB Club Veteran

Car:
    S212 E63 S
    My W211 E Class was 29F 32R, which I also thought was a bit low, but I always got good durability and no uneven wear problems.