CLS Headlamp Switch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JeffT

Car
2005 CLS500
Starting to work my way through a few electrical glitches so that everything works as it should.:wallbash:
The symbols on my headlight switch are not illuminated - guessing they should be. Are these the tiny bulbs inside the switch that have failed?
Glove box light does not operate - bulb is OK so guess no power. Any clues?
Should front ashtray have a light? Not that I smoke but I keep my glasses in there.
Thanks for any pointers:thumb:

CLS light switch doesn't illuminate, except for the centre symbol and fog lamps symbols when on.

Make sure you are testing the glovebox light when its dark, cover the light sensor on the windscreen.

I don't think the headlight switch itself illuminates. Mines set to 'auto' and the headlight symbol above the switch, is very dim when the lights come on. I would say more like a glow than an illumination. To the point I have had to get out the car to make sure the lights are on! Have been assured by my indy, that's just the way they are.
Come to think of it, the ash tray doesn't illuminate either, IIRC, (sorry cant check as am away) but my glove box does.

Thanks for confirming all that guys. So just glove box light to sort - will get me circuit tester out this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom