CLS: I'm considering one ,but what do you think

CLS, what do you think

• I rather like it and would have one my self

Votes: 65 69.1%
  • Whats the point! its only an E class but more expensive, less practical with questionable styling

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • O/K, but only if I could change a couple of things...

Votes: 10 10.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep...go for it.

I think they look better in darker colours. Brian's black CLS is beautiful!

Well what can I say.:rolleyes:

Having had many Mercedes cars over the years, the CLS I have now is the BEST.:rock: :rock:

However to be perfectly honest the only thing I may not have again would be the wide rear tyres. They give a very hard ride, but are excellent when cornering, not looking forward to snow however. :eek:

Apart from that the spec I have is excellent, but you pays your money and takes your personal choice.;)

The one bug-bear for me is that it only has 4 seats and so doesn't even get on my list. However I do like seeing them on the road, and if circumstances were different...

The one bug-bear for me is that it only has 4 seats and so doesn't even get on my list. However I do like seeing them on the road, and if circumstances were different...

That put me off at first, I must agree.:(

However I have only had one occassion when it proved a problem, so unless you have regular 5up it may not be the problem you imagine.;)

Many now on the market sub 25K. Even low mileage one owner examples.
I must admit the 320CDI is now a tempting proposition.
Given a more stable and reliable job market.................

Do not see a problem there. Got a very large boot.:D

Afraid that since I spent a while playing with a CLS63 (some of it on a circuit) a CLS is dangerously high up on my wish list.

If prices keep going south the way they have been, who knows.......

Beautiful car in the right colour (black? dark grey meatallic?) with the right rims.

Are you doing a lot of miles? The 500 is a peach. Will still do high 20's on the motorway. Cheap as chips at the moment what with eveyone's mass petrol paranoia.

Go on you know you want one. You'll save enough over a 320 CDI to pay for two year's petrol....

Yep puts me off as well, well not me exactly if you know what I mean :rolleyes: Some serious persuasion to be done...
I spend most of my time driving aroung in an estate with just me and a briefcase

Had a drive in CLS 63 AMG with performance pack this morning. Very nice car, comfortable, nice interior but length wont fit on my driveway. Think i will have to settle for the C63 as don't think the CLS suits me just yet.

I imagine the CLS depreciates a wee bit slower than an equivalent-spec E-Class?
I'm a design snob, so it's CLS all the way.

Absolutely. The most interesting design of the past decade from MB, but do not ever call it a Coupé!

Boom! Finally...... it is NOT, never have been nor will it ever be a Coupé!

It has 4 doors and a boot = Saloon.

End of story!!!

I just can never understand why What Car, Auto Express etc etc etc keeps calling it a coupé when it clearly is not.

Grrrrrr........

Very nice car though. Testdrove a CLS63 not long ago with all the bells and whistles and it was lovely. Def a fashion statement.

O/K thanks for that.

So thats it, an overwhelming 'yes to the CLS'.

So, maybe I should hold another poll on how to persuade 'err indoors to agree to a car that doesn't meet the 'its got to have 5 seats rule... even though the kiddy count is 'only' 2 and in truth a motorbike normally has 1 too many seats for me.. Now, there's a thought, I do have 'partial' agreement to go for a new 2 wheeler..even though its more than 10 yrs since I said goodbye to the last one.

Hmm.

absolutely stunning and just about the only car I've ever seen that looks superb in white :)

I saw an Audi R8 in white...oh my lord..

But yes that CLS, is very nice in white..

Mercedes got it right witht he shape of the CLS. It truly is an original/remarkable design. I remember when they first came out. They looked menacing. I used to refer to them having a "shark" look..

I'll buy one in the future..

I love my CLS and I love the engine - the combo makes for a great sense of occasion for even the shortest trips. Its VERY stiff and if you get the tyres and pressures right it will amaze you. Build quality and sensory feedback are the best I have ever had however the black paint is poor and needs constant waxing.

Im torn though as I dont keep anythng fr more than 2 years and its 18 months now, dilemma is I cant get a much newer CLS55 and (for me) the 63 aint the same experience.

We may have a swap and put a cheap 4 door (S class maybe) in the garage instead of the SL320 and get a SL55 as a daily driver

You wont regret getting a CLS!

Wow, these are getting really cheap now. This looks superb for the money IMO.

When the CLS came out, I thought yuk, now a couple of years or so later its still yuk. It just does nothing for me, but, luckily we are not all the same, if you like it go for it.

I love the CLS, but having a wife & 3 kids the rear seat would just be a little impractical ....

Wow, these are getting really cheap now. This looks superb for the money IMO.

Blimey, it does.

10K or so, the difference between this car and the going price for a 320CDI, would buy a lot of fuel...

jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom