Cls interior wood painted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clsw219

Car
Cls w219
hi I’ve painted my hideous wood trim satin black and it looks brilliant
Takes about 10 years off the interior

Done properly - undercoat sand x2, paint light sand x2, lacquer finish x2

Anyone interested in buying a set painted as might put some on eBay or here

Any photos ?

I do like that, looks like you have done a cracking job! :)

That looks good, what type of lacquer did you use.

That looks great! I quite like my wood trim though - looks light I might be in the minority

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I love the wood too, his paint job looks good though.

Wouldnt it have made more sense to wrap it? then you can change your mind/selling it put it back to original.

Nice workmanship however!

That looks great! I quite like my wood trim though - looks light I might be in the minority

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I only like the wood in the colour mine is. Think its maple , like a ruby brown !!

Wouldnt it have made more sense to wrap it? then you can change your mind/selling it put it back to original.

Nice workmanship however!
Fair point
I’ve wrapped trim before and was never happy with it
I’ve also fully wrapped a car which I wouldn’t recommend!

Nice work, must admit some of the wood in Mercs are awful.

I must say the wood is the main thing that turns me off this car, I was in one a few months ago and I thought it was hideous (I didn't mention it to the owner though !) But it is obviously down to individual taste.

This looks like a fantastic job and shows that MB should have offered something similar from new IMHO .

Good job :thumb:

I must say the wood is the main thing that turns me off this car, I was in one a few months ago and I thought it was hideous (I didn't mention it to the owner though !) But it is obviously down to individual taste.

This looks like a fantastic job and shows that MB should have offered something similar from new IMHO .

Good job :thumb:
Cheers
I totally agree
I think there was a piano black option in the cls63 but I’m not entirely sure

I have the "Brushed Aluminium" trims in the ML, and always thought it looked a bit utilitarian
(or worse BMW-like) and it scratched easily into the bargain.

Decided to wrap them with the wood grain copied from the burr Elm that most Bentleys use.

Much as I like the look of the conversion the OP has done, it wouldn't suit the W164 at all, but IMHO, my whole interior looks so much better for the "warmth" of a bit of wood (albeit fake).

Obviously this is time to point out that I AM an old fart, so have old fart's tastes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom