CLS limp mode, no error codes, spent 6.5k so far (desperate)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrShadow

Car
CLSC257
My 2018 CLS 350D with only 30k miles on it started suddenly going to limp mode. After restarting the car, it works perfectly until I push the pedal a bit harder, then it goes in limp mode.
Car had 2 yr of warranty which expired.
In limp mode there is no error code.
Mercedes dealership does not care since the warranty have expired.
They were assuring me that problem is in oil pump which is replaced together with water pump, vacuum pump and bunch of other engine parts.
So far I spent 6.5k and car is for 2 months on repair, still no fix.

They don't even want to give me replacement vehicle even I have mobile warranty. Their excuse is that mobile warranty can be activated only when diagnostic tool detects the error.
Otherwise, car is considered without fault.

Should I sue someone?
Any ideas.

I think the engine and transmission needs replacing, cover all the bases.

Are we talking £2,700?

They were assuring me that problem is in oil pump which is replaced together with water pump, vacuum pump and bunch of other engine parts.

They don't even want to give me replacement vehicle even I have mobile warranty. Their excuse is that mobile warranty can be activated only when diagnostic tool detects the error.

Should I sue someone?
Any ideas.

If there are no error codes then how can the dealership insist on replacing oil pump, water pump etc.?

Extremely poor level of service!

Has the car been remapped at all?

Kick the problem upstairs to the main MB agents in your country. If no success go to MB headquarters in Germany. Keep kicking doors until you get a solution.

impossible if it's in limp mode there must be an error code
that's what everybody says, but as I said car is for 2 months at dealership service, probably on diagnostic tool every day, but nothing shows any malfunction.
however, if you sit in a car, you cannot drive more then 140 KM/h, with slow acceleration and only up to 5th gear.

they were assuming that it is oil pump because this is common problem on 2018 models where car suddenly lose the power.
However, it did not work on my car even complete engine is removed for oil/vacuum/water pump to be replaced.

This is ridicilous for 3 yr old car with 30k miles on it and paid 100k eur, completely unbelievable.

Hello Mr Shadow and welcome . What you are telling us is that a Mercedes Benz garage removed the engine from a 3 year old car with just 30K miles on it and it is still not fixed !!?

Do you have any type of consumer protection in your country ? Or contact Mercedes Benz in Germany . This is totally unacceptable . Which oil pump is said to cause this fault ? the engine or gearbox pump ? It is the first time I have heard of an oil pump 'failing' and slowing the car down .

Usually if an engine oil pump fails it sends a low pressure alarm to the dashboard or the engine blows up (M113 V8 = no oil pressure switch) which engine is yours ?

Hello Mr Shadow and welcome . What you are telling us is that a Mercedes Benz garage removed the engine from a 3 year old car with just 30K miles on it and it is still not fixed !!?

Do you have any type of consumer protection in your country ? Or contact Mercedes Benz in Germany . This is totally unacceptable . Which oil pump is said to cause this fault ? the engine or gearbox pump ? It is the first time I have heard of an oil pump 'failing' and slowing the car down .

Usually if an engine oil pump fails it sends a low pressure alarm to the dashboard or the engine blows up (M113 V8 = no oil pressure switch) which engine is yours ?
Exactly, complete engine was removed and reassembled with key parts vacuum, oil, and water pump replaced + 40 other smaller parts as I could see on my bill.

I have consumer protection, but I have to sue them and max I can get is a refund, but my car is still not fixed. Do you have any contact in Germany where I can fill a complaint since I was not able to find contact of their complaint department.
I called only Regional office for Balkan region, but they told me that I need to go to dealership in my country and I can make a sure that they will fix my car (not happened).

They said that engine oil pump caused this, according to them problem is that oil pump was pulling cooling liquid inside of it.
My engine is 350d.

Regards

They said that engine oil pump caused this, according to them problem is that oil pump was pulling cooling liquid inside of it

This would be an oil cooler matrix fault where the engine coolant and oil share a heat exchanger , if a small internal hole appears the fluids mix . This is a major problem but nothing a decent garage could not fix. Is this your engine ?

My 2018 CLS 350D with only 30k miles on it started suddenly going to limp mode. After restarting the car, it works perfectly until I push the pedal a bit harder, then it goes in limp mode.
Car had 2 yr of warranty which expired.

Should I sue someone?
Any ideas.
if it comes after u push the pedal a little harder what's stopping u from thinking its the throttle position sensor? those have always been very well known for causing limp mode too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom