CLS major part costs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david cave

Car
CLS320Cdi
Hi,

I own a 2009 CLS 320 Cdi which I have had from new with full MB service history, and 46000 miles on the clock.
I am about to retire (at the end of this week) and had previously asked the ‘Honest John’ web site if I should change the CLS for another car being conscious of potential high running costs/replacement parts etc.. Interestingly the response was to keep the CLS and perhaps take out after care warranty!
During the last service (August – major service) MB advised that the rear disc were slightly corroded so I am planning to have these replaced towards the end of this year when I replace the rear tyres.
I would welcome some views on what large replacement costs (other than tyres/brake shoes etc.)I could expect over the next 2 – 3 years, probably taking overall mileage up to 70,000 to 80,000. My biggest concern would be the exhaust looks to be around £1000 to replace, has anyone any idea how long the exhaust is likely to last? I do about 12000 miles per year with some long journeys to visit my family, e.g. 250 and 600 mile round trips.

Looking forward to your responses

David

Had a 2008 cls with similar mileage

Only think I would be concern with is glow plugs (18£ each from MB), glow plug relay (130£ from MB) - would keep an eye on the dash,and would change gear box oil round 130£ the whole kit with oil from MB,seals on turbo intake and outlet pipes (25£ from MB). Other then that cars are bullet proof
Only expensive thing I heard is aux fan wobbly - 700£ to replace and actuator plates in the gear box - 600£ to repair or 1600£ from MB to change
Otherwise happy motoring

keep it - better the car you know - you can cut down the costs a lot by using the services of a good indy and properly refurb'd parts where appropriate.
both my son's have mercs that are just under 10 years old on the original exhausts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom