CLS minor niggles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk208

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS
Car is in at the dealer for a couple of niggles to be sorted under Tier 1 today.

Intermittent parking sensor fault - turned out that two of the sensors needed to be changed. 1 being paid for under warranty, 1 not due to stone chip. Luckily all labour is being covered (removal of bumper, painting of sensors etc) so not so bad having to pay £60 for one of the sensors.

Other problem is heated mirrors don't work - when the car was on STAR it reported a missing earth on the passenger side so I assumed there was a bad wire/connection but the dealer diagnosed today as both mirror glass needing to be changed - not covered under Tier 1.

At £65 per mirror glass for the parts this seemed a bit excessive and not in stock anyway - anyone know another quality supplier (ECP don't list these). Mine is not the dimming version - just heated.

Car is in at the dealer for a couple of niggles to be sorted under Tier 1 today.

Happens to all makes of car, MB no different, sure my time will come.

If you or anyone else uses one on the car, best to keep jet-washers away from parking sensors.

Thanks - good tip on the pressure washer avoidance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom