CLS no longer listed on Mercedes UK website

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
Looks like CLS been taken off sale in the UK.

It is no longer listed as an available new car.

Current generation is going to be a rare car.

Nice cars but not sure about the 'rare' part . They have been banging them out since 2004 , and they have built twenty four thousand of the current C257's since 2018.

Looks like CLS been taken off sale in the UK.

It is no longer listed as an available new car.

Current generation is going to be a rare car.
Current gen is ugly, the ultimate one was the one you once owned.

I like the current gen and have hardly seen any on the roads in London

Hi , I really liked the first series of the Mercedes CLS

When I first saw the CLS, I thought it was a stunningly beautiful car that no one will buy - what is the point in having a massive 4-door car that only seats 4?

The Panamera and Rapide of the era offered enthusiasts a 'saloon-like' car with a much-coveted Sports car badge (something that only the Quatroporte offered prior to that). So here, the 4-seat compromise seemed reasonable. But Mercedes enthusiasts could simply buy any of the many MB 5-seater saloons....

Clearly I was wrong. The CLS proved to be a massive hit. But my own personal opinion hasn't changed - I love the low feline features, but I wouldn't buy one - I still don't see the point.... :(

I like the current gen and have hardly seen any on the roads in London

I was interested in one earlier this year - but backed off.

I liked the fact that it looks relatively unflash for a coupe style saloon - and had reasonable performance and the 4-matic.

SWMBO took the opposite view - to her it looked like an oversized CLA and didn't look like it was worth the money.

I suspect others figure it's just an E-Class in a well fitting posh dress.

My view is that the original CLS was inspired - and that what followed apart from the shooting brake - was more about rummaging the corporate volume parts bin than actually styling and forming something special.

The problem with Mercedes and BMW becoming major volume car markers is that the sorts of volumes they get on coupes and convertibles becomes an irritation to the accountants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom