cls options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

parvez78

Car
Volvo XC90 D5 R design
Trying to decide between premium and premium plus pack.. I'm not sure about keyless go??

I haven't tried yet but apparently the button for keyless-go can be removed and the system then reverts to norma. This had been done on a pre-facelift CLS I had as a loan car. The Start/Stop button was in the glovebox and it worked on the key.

When I was ordering my E-Class, I think the plus package added a) Surround sound system (Harman Kardon Logic 7) b) Hands free access and c) Keyless-Go for about £1,100 more.

As for value, I suppose it depends if those options are important to you. Personally, I am really not sure.

as fudger said above, this is what you get for premium plus.

unless you go for the 400 amg line, then it's all included.

not on the package list but airmatic is well worth having imho

Thanks guys I need to have a think!
And yes the airmatic suspension has been playing I my mind!!

Another vote for airmatic. Also seems a gimmick at first, but the 360 surround camera is useful if you often park in parking bays/street. I often park in Cambridge and with our over zealous traffic wardens and the camera shows place in bay or that you are not overhanging some double yellows. I admit it's not a massive benefit, but more useful than I thought it would be.

Personally, I didn't bother with keyless go, as in the majority of my journeys, I often have other people in the car and I find keyless features less of a benefit then. The other downside to take into account is that they are slightly less secure than a conventional key. Not sure how many MB's are getting stolen this way, but it's worth thinking about when it's an optional extra.

cheers, Steve

For the keyless-go locking/unlocking, I find the capacitive sensors on the door handles a bit dodgy.

I have Keyless Go and never use it.

Add another vote for Airmatic -- a new CLS deserves it.

Currently use keyless-go all the time but then again it is a new toy and the novelty may wear off after a while

keyless Go is a great feature - always use it

Last edited:
facelift CLS has no wheel options except on 63S, and even then, colour only.

ahem...

2092eza.jpg

and there are other options available as specials from germany, you just have to quote the right codes..

Premium plus also gives you Harmon Kardon and that is stunning. I had it on the previous car and now would miss it.

Airmatic v regular ? Having had both go for the airmatic if you can. Two reasons for us.... When locked car lowers and gives an excellent stance; secondly the ride is excellent and superior to the standard springs ....

Marc

facelift CLS has no wheel options except on 63S, and even then, colour only.

We are huge wheels fans in the house and have purchased many over the years with an eye to improving the factory look. This time we are stumped as the new wheels are just fantastic.

agreed smilion, airmatic is great, like yourself, drive it around in comfort, park it up in sport ;)

now to satisfy my inner wheel geek, all the wheels available for CLS:
6dradj.jpg

2zhfnrs.jpg

33ae7uf.png

...sorry :$

Last edited:
thread dredge - hive mind thoughts on these wheels?

15h1udk.jpg

Ntmt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom