CLS SB 63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
Not Ebay, but I do like this a lot, but even my man maths can't see the price as reasonable, particularly considering the mileage. Unless they're referring to the colour scheme, I can't see how it can be 'one of only two in the UK', either.

Anyone on here know whether the asking price is genuinely 'a fair price', as Autotrader states, according to the accepted trade guides?

Last edited:
You'd have a bit of a bargaining chip by pointing out the damaged cargo net in the passenger footwell!
Nice colour combo though :cool:

This was the last one comparable I saw a couple of months ago. You'll like it!

it was up at £41.5 iirc. The blue one on 79k is a good £5k too high, but as they, say find another... at least in the short term.

it was up at £41.5 iirc. The blue one on 79k is a good £5k too high, but as they, say find another... at least in the short term.
Wow :cool:
Hyacinth Red and the 'boat deck' boot floor

The floor is of course completely useless but I agree it did look good. I was really quite tempted, especially with so few miles but I couldn't really justify spending that much.

£41.5k with 12k miles, yes.
£40k with 79k miles, no.

(IMO, I’m not in the market for one)

If you like the blue one, stick an offer in. They can only say no :)

£41.5k with 12k miles, yes.
£40k with 79k miles, no.

(IMO, I’m not in the market for one)

If you like the blue one, stick an offer in. They can only say no :)
What does the 41.5k with 12k miles make the 79k motor worth? Low 30's?

Yes.
It's a very desirable colour but very optimistic to ask so much for it IMO (£34K max)
But..................if it ticks all the boxes who is to say if its overpriced. I'm only offering an opinion.;):D

It depends on the individual, but I’d guess so.

I’d happily pay £5-10k for the privilege of owning a near-mint/as new example of a car like a CLS63 S SB over a 79k mile example (as nice as it might look)

Everyone’s different though :)

That blue one is sexy
The wheels aren't to my taste, either the colour or the style, and nor is the dechromed look; it's an age thing. What it needs is wheels like this:23080-xxl.jpg

Which, not coincidentally, is what I've put on my current blue CLS SB.

Four owners, three MoT fails, two of those for plate offences on private plates, but one for cords exposed on one front tyre, 22K miles after the previous MoT. Hmmmm...

Apart from that, though, and the fact that from the posted spec it doesn't appear to have the blind spot warners in the mirrors, and the mileage, what's not to like...

TotalCarCheck values it at £30K on a dealer forecourt. Anybody on here with trade connections able and willing to comment on that?

On 12K miles, I thought it was reasonable, but I had a red one with a black interior for a few months a year ago, and it just didn't grow on me. Red with light interior, though? Bit of a pimpmobile, really. That's probably an age thing too...

As you say, though, find another like it. If this one:

2013 Mercedes CLS 5.5 CLS63 V8 AMG Shooting Brake Estate 557 BHP | eBay

was blue with a light interior, I'd have bought it by now.

Last edited:
Sadly the Ed 1 cars only came in black or white. Of the two I prefer black. In fact there seem to be far more facelift SB in colours than pre FL for some reason.

The wheels aren't to my taste, either the colour or the style, and nor is the dechromed look; it's an age thing. What it needs is wheels like this:View attachment 129432

Which, not coincidentally, is what I've put on my current blue CLS SB.

Four owners, three MoT fails, two of those for plate offences on private plates, but one for cords exposed on one front tyre, 22K miles after the previous MoT. Hmmmm...

Apart from that, though, and the fact that from the posted spec it doesn't appear to have the blind spot warners in the mirrors, and the mileage, what's not to like...

TotalCarCheck values it at £30K on a dealer forecourt. Anybody on here with trade connections able and willing to comment on that?

On 12K miles, I thought it was reasonable, but I had a red one with a black interior for a few months a year ago, and it just didn't grow on me. Red with light interior, though? Bit of a pimpmobile, really. That's probably an age thing too...

As you say, though, find another like it. If this one:

2013 Mercedes CLS 5.5 CLS63 V8 AMG Shooting Brake Estate 557 BHP | eBay

was blue with a light interior, I'd have bought it by now.
Personally i think the wheels are mint.

However yeah certainly sounds like a yobbo has owned it. One without mechanical sympathy i would guess.

Taking a car for an MOT with cords exposed on the tyre just makes you start to wonder if you can't even check a tyre what else have you neglected.

Mint or not, they're not to my taste, that's all.

The blue one doesn't have the dynamic seats it claims, buttons are wrong and no cooled seats either, which tend to go together.

Still for sale, no surprise really. Strong money with poverty spec for one of these. Porcelain leather would compliment the exterior so much nicer than that mediocre grey, IMO anyways.

I could live with the grey; I think it goes well with the dark blue. At £30k it should sell, but not at 40K. As you say, it is comparatively poverty spec, it's a bit leggy for a 2015, and there's always the worry of the slightly marginal conrods.

I have read somewhere that that problem is/was partially down to the very aggressive factory map on the early 550 bhp M157s, so possibly MB modified the map by the time the facelift came along. Anybody know whether there's any truth in that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom