CLS Shooting Brake...real life examples please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

priceyboy

Hi all,

Currently have an 11 plate C220 CDI saloon,but have decided that I now need an estate car. I am test driving the new C Class Estate tomorrow, so that may be an option. However I have always lusted over the CLS Shooting Brake! Do any of you have any comments, good or bad regarding the ownership of the CLS. (costs..mpg..etc)

Thanks in advance..

I've had a 350CDI SB since last september, fantastic car :)

depreciation - heavy

mid-range torque - very satisfying

consumption - 38mpg

must have option - sunroof because it's dark inside

nice option - airmatic if you can find it

nice place to be factor - 1000!

tag search cls for other comments

Last edited:
I do know that they don't fly out of the dealers, so they are keen to sell them. I was offered £15k off a couple of in stock cars when I ordered my eClass estate in June. Admittedly this was before the facelift, so discounts maybe more like ~18-20% now.

If it wasn't for the 3 children and 2 labs, I would have considered one.

Apart from the lower mpg from all of that extra weight, ;) I can't see the running costs being any more than a c class estate.

Cheers

Steve

We've just gone from a 2011 C220 cdi estate to a 2014 E220 CDI estate.

I would not go back to C class, the E is better in every way for us. Huge load space, standard equipment and comfort. Hold their money well and when you compare the specification they can actually work out cheaper than an equivalent C class on finance.

We're delighted in every way bar one thing, the DAB is crap, but that doesn't seem to be model specific

I did look at a CLS SB, but it was a massive premium over the E for what appeared to be less vehicle with much higher depreciation. Plus the ride height was lower.

I couldn't see where the list price was justified.

Had mine for nearly a year now. 350. Don't want to think about depreciation but a lovely car to drive and stands out from the E Class, 5 Series crowd in the car park. Very comfortable; drove to Lake Garda and back with family via Dusseldorf on way down and Paris on way back. Had a C Class Estate previously and no comparison. Test drove an equivalent E Class and whilst the SB lacks the huge tailgate it is much the better looker. We have 2 kids and 2 big dogs. Next trip Chamonix at Feb half term.

You really need to contract hire the Shooting Brake imho.

There were deals last quarter on the 250cdi amg for £238+vat a month with 9 months down.

The October deals are starting to appear on them, currently at around £295+vat, but dropping daily, reckon they will be back at sub £250+vat a month in the next couple of weeks.

Lovely car though, and interior quality is a real notch up over the E.

RH2013 said:
Had mine for nearly a year now. 350. Don't want to think about depreciation but a lovely car to drive and stands out from the E Class, 5 Series crowd in the car park. Very comfortable; drove to Lake Garda and back with family via Dusseldorf on way down and Paris on way back. Had a C Class Estate previously and no comparison. Test drove an equivalent E Class and whilst the SB lacks the huge tailgate it is much the better looker. We have 2 kids and 2 big dogs. Next trip Chamonix at Feb half term.

Seem to remember the E class coupe being voted the best looking car in the world. Can't remember the same of the shooting brake

I've had a 350CDI SB since last september, fantastic car :)

depreciation - heavy

mid-range torque - very satisfying

consumption - 38mpg

must have option - sunroof because it's dark inside

nice option - airmatic if you can find it

nice place to be factor - 1000!

tag search cls for other comments

Think I saw yours on Sunday at the Bicester meet. By hell it is a lovely looking thing.

I was comparing Estate with Estate not with the Coupe. The Labradors found the Coupe parcel shelf a little cramped, although they enjoyed the convertible.

Last edited:
Ugly what a pathetic reply perhaps you were looking in the mirror went you thought of that

If you live in a greenhouse you really shouldn't throw stones at people walking by. :D

That and the e coupe is still an old c class in drag.

The premium for the shooting brake is hard to swallow but I can't argue against how good it looks.

RWDpetrol said:
:(( You're a bully

I would have put that the other way round
As the E class coupe is not ugly. You just wanted to get a reaction and I will always give one
Next I will be a troll and get 2 years for stating a fact

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom