CLS Shooting Brake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edstrom76

Car
W124 E300D Auto
Took delivery on Wednesday night. Lovely lovely car - I thought my old S204 was nice but this is in a different league. It's a Premium Plus so has lots of extras such as Harman Kardon, electric glass sunroof, memory package and keyless go.

It also has the option of 360 camera (the bird-eye view is impressive) and privacy glass. The colour is Designo Diamond White which is a nice and soft metallic off-white, it almost looks towards mother of pearlish.

I wasn't going to push the boat out quite this far, but the discounts available on these make it very difficult to justify say an S205 or GLC (I had actually had my mind set on the latter).

I now wish my daily commute was longer :)

Anyway, here are a couple of clips from when I fetched her:

https://youtu.be/tyBwhng5egA
https://youtu.be/_7Mk7-0EUpk

Hi thanks for the comment. My old car was a C250 CDI - same engine but different state of tune - if I'm being completely honest I prefer the 220d as it's much more refined.

A lot of it is probably down to better insulation, but I know for a fact that the 250 is gruffer than the 220 as tried them both before I had my old car.

All this being said, obviously the 350d would have been my preferred choice, had my budget allowed for it, but touch wood so far day to day driving has not left me wanting in terms of power.

On todays' agenda: debadging :D

Congratulations on your new Mb, health to enjoy.

A lot of it is probably down to better insulation, but I know for a fact that the 250 is gruffer than the 220 as tried them both before I had my old car.

the 220 and 250 share the same engine .. I think 250 has an additional turbo?

surprising that they should be so different

There are no mechanical differences as far as I'm aware, both are twin-turbo'd. I've heard someone say that the 250 is fitted with larger injectors but I've seen no official documentation to that effect. I'd like to try a pre-facelift CLS 250 CDI as that'd be a fairer comparison to mine.

I'm sure both have a turbo, just tuned to different levels of power (as edstorm76 said) the 250's sound is gruffer as its being stretched more than the 220.

I have a C 250d on order. Never driven one. Just test driven the C 200d cause that's all they had as a demo.

However, reading edstorms words about the 220 I'm now a little worried.

Yikes!:wallbash:

Ant

Just watched the YouTube clips. That's an amazing looking car. The best colour I think.

I'll bet you're over the moon.

More pic please.

Ant

A few from this afternoon

ForumRunner_20151003_172301.jpg

ForumRunner_20151003_172324.jpg

ForumRunner_20151003_172339.jpg

ForumRunner_20151003_172453.jpg

ForumRunner_20151003_172513.jpg

ForumRunner_20151003_172531.jpg

I'm sure both have a turbo, just tuned to different levels of power (as edstorm76 said) the 250's sound is gruffer as its being stretched more than the 220.

I have a C 250d on order. Never driven one. Just test driven the C 200d cause that's all they had as a demo.

However, reading edstorms words about the 220 I'm now a little worried.

Yikes!:wallbash:

Ant

I wouldn't worry about it. The sound deadening in the new C-class is much improved on the old. I had an S205 on loan for a day and the difference was marked.

Last edited:
looking sweet, Edstrom

traded my SB in for a saloon, just fancied a change, kinda wish I kept it SB

For me the one main (non-visual) difference between the CLS Coupé (assuming that's what you've gone for?) and SB is the fact that rear air suspension comes as standard on the SB. It feels very planted round the bends, although admittedly I've not tried the Coupé so can't really comment on which is better.

Thanks for all the pics. It looks awesome love the last pic of the rear.

Great to see info on 360 degree camera as we added it to our C Class.

Look forward to updates in the coming weeks.

Ant

The soft spot I have for the CLS SB has got even softer. That really is one gorgeous car - very special. Congratulations - you must be delighted.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your overwhelmingly positive feedback - there's obviously a lot of love out there for the CLS SB!

I've been a fan of the CLS since day one, but I'm also an avid estate fan so when the SB was brought to market it entered in an instant the top spot of my shortlist of future potential cars.

I will put down my thoughts on it in the next few days, hopefully it may be of use to anyone considering one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom