CLS Sooty issues resolved

Discussion in 'Engine' started by Tigerade, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Tigerade

Tigerade Active Member

Car:
    CLS 320 diesel
    Well, as I posted issues with my CLS regarding very sooty tail pipes and back bumper ( Yes its a Diesel ) and a good cloud when using kick down it's just cost the supplying Vauxhall dealer £600+ in parts alone.

All because they wouldn't service the car before purchase, so I had it serviced by CVM in Preston ( Nothing but praise for these guys), full of information, happy to chat and didn't try and rip me off which is a rare thing these days.

So after a few heated debates and armed with my list from CVM and a further inspection from the dealer its had the following: New Airflow sensor, 02 sensors, Glow plug No:2 Cylinder, O/S/F wishbone, washer bottle and a few parking sensors on the front replaced.

I must confess, what a difference it's made having the 02 and airflow sensors replaced. All the sooty issues have disappeared and it goes rather well, not that it didn't before.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. st13phil

st13phil MB Enthusiast

Car:
    His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
    Glad to hear it's all sorted :thumb:

3. OP
    OP
    Tigerade

Tigerade Active Member

Car:
    CLS 320 diesel
    Cheers Phil, I'm happy with the result.

It's made a mega difference regarding how sooty it started getting on the rear bumper and the exhaust tips and the MPG has gone up a little too.

If It didn't need a service I'd never have known while it was still under warranty, so really as the garage refused to service the car it's bitten them back quite well.