CLS Sooty issues resolved

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tigerade

Car
CLS 320 diesel
Well, as I posted issues with my CLS regarding very sooty tail pipes and back bumper ( Yes its a Diesel ) and a good cloud when using kick down it's just cost the supplying Vauxhall dealer £600+ in parts alone.

All because they wouldn't service the car before purchase, so I had it serviced by CVM in Preston ( Nothing but praise for these guys), full of information, happy to chat and didn't try and rip me off which is a rare thing these days.

So after a few heated debates and armed with my list from CVM and a further inspection from the dealer its had the following: New Airflow sensor, 02 sensors, Glow plug No:2 Cylinder, O/S/F wishbone, washer bottle and a few parking sensors on the front replaced.

I must confess, what a difference it's made having the 02 and airflow sensors replaced. All the sooty issues have disappeared and it goes rather well, not that it didn't before.

Last edited:
Glad to hear it's all sorted :thumb:

Cheers Phil, I'm happy with the result.

It's made a mega difference regarding how sooty it started getting on the rear bumper and the exhaust tips and the MPG has gone up a little too.

If It didn't need a service I'd never have known while it was still under warranty, so really as the garage refused to service the car it's bitten them back quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom