CLS Specifications

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

imadoofus

MB Enthusiast
Car
This and that.
Hello all,

Some of you may remember me, I've not been around a lot for a few years, but thinking of coming back to the fold.

I'm hoping someone can help me out with equipment (standard and optional) for a 2011/12 CLS.

I'm looking for one at the moment, and the variation in equipment that each advert lists makes it difficult to see what I should be expecting, and what make each car potentially better than the others. Even adverts on the Mercedes Approved Used site aren't consistent.

It looks like it'll be a 350cdi, as that's just about the only engine they seem to have been sold with. Sport rather than SE, although that's probably for no reason other than looks.

TIA

Hi,
I can only suggest what I did with my first CLS, choose colour, trim level and colour.
From then on its pretty much finding one loaded as you prefer......

Unsure if the 250 was installed in the 11/12 cars or if it was later.....

Approved used search I found useful for highlighting preferred options.

For my second CLS in the end I went new so pretty much specced out of choice and waited for a build,......

It is all down to personal preference really...

ATB with the search...

Colour is a bit moot, as they're all black or grey. I think I need black leather to keep the sports seats, for example.

I know split/fold rear seats are an option, as is COMAND online. I think electric drivers seat is standard, but are they heated as standard?

And so on.

Basically, if an ad doesn't list a feature, I don't know if that's because its not fitted, or if its ubiquitous, and that's what I want to know

Im not going new because I have a pathologicalaversion to spending more than thirty grand on a car. Never have, probably never will.

350 is more prevalent in 11/12 cars , but here's a 250

sunroof lightens the cavern like interior

airmatic available on 350

led lighting available on 250 & 350

check if larger capacity fuel-tank fitted

amg sport trim makes the car look better imho

Plus 1 on the sport trim,
My first was black and second blue, (which naturally I prefer), I also went up to luxury pack which impoves the insides, to keep it light I went for alpaca grey and threw in a sunroof, I also added the rear blind for shade..:)

Personal experience suggests if its not listed in the ad then the car doesnnt have it but I would stress its no golden rule as I diid find some with options not listed.

In the ads there is also two places to look foor spec, one is at the top, the other is when you click on the tab for dealer options I think, ( sorry havnt done a search for a while).
The only colour aversion I had was indium silver....palladium silver and iridium look nice IMO, there are usually a few in these colours kicking about.

ATB

You get all the usual features, such as Led adaptive lights, speedtronic, flappy paddle and Command online on all Cls Sport, but there are some surprising omissions, such as heated seats, rear parking camera, Eco stop/start.
Note, the driver switchgear and dials changed for My-13 and is much better feeling.

Interior colours can be anything but most are black, almond looks best as it gets a 2 tone dash.
Harmon Kardon sounds are worth the extra.
No-one orders fold down. Rear seats as it is £400 extra.

All in, a nice car though the 250cdi spoils some of the refinement.

Last edited:
mine's indium grey metallic, love the bronze tint, but yeah the colour is marmite, love it or hate it

My bad :wallbash:, I got the indium and iridium mixed up.....silver is ok (iridium) but not my thing and as others say, loads about.....Indium grey,by irony here, was a close run thing for me albeit I chose blue.

ATB
;)

You get all the usual features, such as Led adaptive lights, speedtronic, flappy paddle and Command online on all Cls Sport, but there are some surprising omissions, such as heated seats, rear parking camera, Eco stop/start.
Note, the driver switchgear and dials changed for My-13 and is much better feeling.

Interior colours can be anything but most are black, almond looks best as it gets a 2 tone dash.
Harmon Kardon sounds are worth the extra.
No-one orders fold down. Rear seats as it is £400 extra.

All in, a nice car though the 250cdi spoils some of the refinement.

The lack of Eco stop / start was one of the reasons I chose to buy however..:thumb:

Thanks DM!

So there's no point in looking for Command online, cos they all have it anyway?

Don't need a rear camera. Do need heated seats.

So now I think I know what to expect, even if not mentioned, which is what I needed tbh.

unsolicited advice maybe but the rear view is terrible; test drive a cls with and without the rear view camera..

seriously consider the memory package if the driver changes often, and look for the heated and vented seat option, and if available the massage seats :)

tyres, look for plenty of life as new fronts are appx £160 and new rears £250

I've had a CLK and an S coupe before, so tyre life and cost are nothing new for me :(

I've also had vented seats, and not really found them particularly useful, but the massage was fun,although by no means something I'd stick out for.

The rear view is something I'll bear in mind though, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom