CLS steering issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Caribe

Car
CLS 320
Hi my 06 320 cdi has pulled left since I bought it about a month ago...

iI assumed it was the tracking being off but have taken it in to get the alignment done on all 4 wheels. There was a slight camber issue on front left but it was still within normal realms.

They adjusted it all so that it's spot on but it's sentstill pulls lleft.

All tyres have been rebalanced and tyres have done 1k all same brand....

any ideas at all?

It a proper pull to the left at 70 mph as in if I take my hands off the wheel it will swap lanes

I think your tie rods need changing. You should check on that. And while you're on it,check the guide rods as well.
But it is strange if its happening only at 70mph or above.

It will pull at all speeds but more noticeable at speed.

It is a pretty bad pull. If I take my hand off it immediately wants to go left even if I am in the right lane with the camber obviously pulling right it still wants to go left.

garage could see nothing wrong with the suspension when they were under it.

is it just a feature then

Definitely not a feature. My CLS is rock solid straight ahead with no noticeable correction needed even at speed.

It will pull at all speeds but more noticeable at speed.

It is a pretty bad pull. If I take my hand off it immediately wants to go left even if I am in the right lane with the camber obviously pulling right it still wants to go left.

garage could see nothing wrong with the suspension when they were under it.

is it just a feature then

My 08 W211 had a pretty bad left pull like yours. I had my top+bottom ball joints replaced and then had proper 4 wheel alignment on a ramp, using a large alien looking machine.

The alignment cost about £80 but the car finally drives in a straight line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom