CLS (W218) AMG Wheels on R230 SL?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EmanPuedam

Car
[R230] Mercedes SL 350
Hi there, first post, so please go easy on me :)

I have an SL350 and want to change the wheels to 19" AMG wheels. As the post title says, can I use CLS AMG wheels? Ib have read the fitment guide post but am not the brightest spark when it comes to wheels...

I have looked at some which are 19x8.5 but the offset is 34.5 rather than 34 - is this significant? it is .5 out...
Also, the rears are 19x9.5 with an offset of 48 (rather than 31!)

Would these work?

Thanks for any advice!

Thanks for the quick reply, think I follow! Would similkar apply to C Class (W205) wheels. I've seen some which are

FRONT: 19x7.5 44
REAR: 19x8.5 52

Would these work and would the same spacer kit work?

Thanks!

8.5j and 8.5j alloys are the recommended widths for the R230 SL. The first set of CLS alloys are the correct size. The W205 wheels are both an inch narrower and the ET (offset) brings them closer to the caliper.
Its only an educated guess but I'd say they those sizes should fit with spacers, but don't hold me to it. I have neither model myself.

Take a look at the recommended sizes and offsets for your SL and for the wheels you contemplate using.
Mercedes Alloys - Alloy Wheels Direct

Gotcha, I will stick to 8.5/9.5 then!
Thanks

Hi AMGeed

I bought the wheels and the spacer - thanks for the advice and they look amazing! However the rear wheels are not fitting 100% perfectly. The garage says that the bolts are slightly too long, maybe a couple of mm. Is this because the offset is 48 and the wheels 35?

What are my options for fixing this? Can I buy shorter bolts? Are a larger spacer?

Thanks!

Not to worry, sorted now.

The link above to eBay is for aftermarket wheels on a R230 rather than Mercedes wheels from another Mercedes on a R230. The hub centric spacer are fine however the tapered bolts should be radial for Mercedes wheels. Bought some new radial bolts locally and all is fine. Looks awesome.

Eman

pics?

Sun's out! Here is the finished result... needless to say, very, very happy indeed! They look amazing.
IMG_1967
IMG_1966
IMG_1964

What have you got behind the front seats? Looks like rear head rests??

They're rear seats. Made them out of old seats from an older SL, built supports and framework, and had them furnished in leather. Had seat belts fitted too!

They're rear seats. Made them out of old seats from an older SL, built supports and framework, and had them furnished in leather. Had seat belts fitted too!
Ok, thanks.

Here you go:

IMG_1987

This is version 1. I may redo it next year as I think there are things that could be done differently to give a bit more space. That said, there is plenty of room for both kids in the back for the school runs.

Thanks, although the trimming company did the sterling work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom