Cls w219 320cdi Very high fuel consumption

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danielkov23

Car
Mercedes cls w219 320cdi
hello everyone, I noticed that my cls 320cdi is having very high fuel consumption. Last time I added 50liters of fuel. Now I went 99.3km from addig fuel. Before adding fuel the tank level was 2marks under quarter and now 1mark above quarter. I attached here a photo about actual trip km meter from last fueling and actual fuel tank level. Please help 🙏image.jpg

hello everyone, I noticed that my cls 320cdi is having very high fuel consumption. Last time I added 50liters of fuel. Now I went 99.3km from addig fuel. Before adding fuel the tank level was 2marks under quarter and now 1mark above quarter. I attached here a photo about actual trip km meter from last fueling and actual fuel tank level. Please help 🙏View attachment 148386
Drive an hour at a steady speed on the motorway to check it’s working ok ?

You cannot work out fuel consumption from graduations on the fuel gauge.

You need to brim the tank with fuel , drive ideally at least 200 miles and then brim the tank again preferabley at the same pump. Only then can perform an accurate calculation of consumption.

As above put pump right in and remove after first click and then recheck it on same pump id possible and then get the calculator out,another possible is you have a fuel leak

As above put pump right in and remove after first click and then recheck it on same pump id possible and then get the calculator out,another possible is you have a fuel leak
no fuel leak anywhere

Your car is capable of telling MPG readings too (though it may calculate it off by a several miles), as above only reliable way is measure odometer mileage and do math brim to brim fuel amount.

You are not telling as age of your car or what has been done before problems started. CLS with SBC brakes have brake piston which tend to change their shape and after pad change, they often start jamming. Check your wheel after driving, are they hot. Then bad remapping, clogged DPF... several possible culprits, but first we need more info.

Your car is capable of telling MPG readings too (though it may calculate it off by a several miles), as above only reliable way is measure odometer mileage and do math brim to brim fuel amount.

You are not telling as age of your car or what has been done before problems started. CLS with SBC brakes have brake piston which tend to change their shape and after pad change, they often start jamming. Check your wheel after driving, are they hot. Then bad remapping, clogged DPF... several possible culprits, but first we need more info.
new dpf, No checking light, Without any error code

'new DPF'... has ECU adaptation values reset done? What else has been done, why change DPF at first place? Your original problem may still exist, and you will get your new DPF clogged as well. This thread is again like pulling sore teeth...

'new DPF'... has ECU adaptation values reset done? What else has been done, why change DPF at first place? Your original problem may still exist, and you will get your new DPF clogged as well. This thread is again like pulling sore teeth...
I think it get clogged because of turbo failure.

I think it get clogged because of turbo failure.
That is exactly what mursem1es meant by its like pulling teeth....there shouldn't have to be an interogation to get you to provide information.

If you say you have high fuel consumption, first provide info on what the consumption is (mpg, l/100km or something meaningful), a screen shot of a level adds nothing.
Assuming consumption was ok at some point, give an overview of what has happened to the car since.... In one post.

He is going to say next , it’s got no wheels on it and it has been running without moving in the garage :rolleyes:

Did you sort your problem!?
1. Your turbo problem why you changed turbo what's the issue whas?
Often happens when someone who have 2 left hands messed things up and make you change part before finding real issue why turbo failed!
Can be vacum lines or vacum solenoid valves! Problem still can be there and maybe it's connected to your fuel consumption!

2. There can be many reasons what can cost extra fuel drop! But you need start from beginning and give more info what's happened before when you start fixing car and following procedures when you start do repairs!

Did you sort your problem!?
1. Your turbo problem why you changed turbo what's the issue whas?
Often happens when someone who have 2 left hands messed things up and make you change part before finding real issue why turbo failed!
Can be vacum lines or vacum solenoid valves! Problem still can be there and maybe it's connected to your fuel consumption!

2. There can be many reasons what can cost extra fuel drop! But you need start from beginning and give more info what's happened before when you start fixing car and following procedures when you start do repairs!
The op didn’t answer anything when he first need help buddy , can’t see him bothering now ?

The op didn’t answer anything when he first need help buddy , can’t see him bothering now ?

I think some of the answers were less than sypathetic to the fact that he's from Slovakia, with English not his 1st language.

Clear, simple questions/answers might have helped him more.

My 2c worth.

RayH

I think some of the answers were less than sypathetic to the fact that he's from Slovakia, with English not his 1st language.

My 2c worth.

RayH
Maybe , but looking at his first post his English was better than some English people .

My 2c worth.

RayH
That's not important!
We all can be in same position when we need help we just need work together because that's te case here! Language knowledge can be left on side! Atleast we can communicate to understand each other! I have no problem with that!

Oky back on thing!
My car have similar thing fuel consumption its little tricky! Let's say its changes weary strange! Som time I start car and I have 32mpg and its going up in city but sometime its 20mpg and going down!
I use same fuel from cosco so I don't think problem its there! I plug diagnostic tool and there no any foults! I will try change filters and oil after weak because its time! But I have before ML w164 3.0cdi and I have termostat isue what after fixing make my mpg go up! Not much but still! So will be checking that to! And crankshaft gas recirculation membran sorry for my English its in back of engine breading sistem left side if you stand on front of car! That changed I have improved some mpg to I remember just need do slowly one by one and all together will make some improvements! Will let you know when I will be done All and see results!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom