CLS W219 camber issue inner tyre wear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srg70

Car
CLS 320 cdi
Was just looking only yesterday at switching my E class for a CLS 320 cdi and was looking at the mot history and each of the last 3 years was showing the same advisory regarding wear on inner of front wheels, obviously the owner decided not to rectify it.
Decided to pass on the switch, not just for that reason I hasten to add even though the CLS are very tempting, my wife cannot work out why 2 people need anything bigger than an E class. Mind you she does run a Smart Cabriolet.
No doubt existing owners will comment on their experience .

The camber can be adjusted if you buy the mb bolts

Yup as above. Get some new camber bolts and it will be all good again. From experience with my CLS it seems the suspension parts turn into consumables too much for my liking lol

I have a set of brand new Febi Bolts not even been opened. £21 delivered.

tcb180 i'll take those, are the adjustable ? how do i contact you direct ? thanks

I had a similar issue at MOT time.
The vehicle had 2 new front tyres and a 4 wheel alignment check and adjustment.
Not a major issue to reject the car IMHO

Get yourself to wheels in motion.
Agreed - had that issue on my CLS on one front tyre, 5mm tread but down to the cords on the inside edge. WIM fitted three adjustment bolts as part of a four wheel adjustment and the surprising result is a much quieter car. Was thinking about changing the tyre brand because of the tyre noise but WIM solved that by just setting up the suspension properly. The whole car feels better seated on the road and I have much more confidence pushing it in corners, especially considering it is such a heavyweight. Best value for money I have spent on the car.

Agreed - had that issue on my CLS on one front tyre, 5mm tread but down to the cords on the inside edge. WIM fitted three adjustment bolts as part of a four wheel adjustment and the surprising result is a much quieter car. Was thinking about changing the tyre brand because of the tyre noise but WIM solved that by just setting up the suspension properly. The whole car feels better seated on the road and I have much more confidence pushing it in corners, especially considering it is such a heavyweight. Best value for money I have spent on the car.

Hi
What are these adjustment bolts? And why are they not already on the car? I took my car for a high tech wheel alignment and they said they couldn’t do it as I didn’t have something fitted. Seems a bit odd!!!
Do you have a picture of them?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally the only adjustable suspension setting on these cars is the front tracking (toe in / out) ,so for fine adjustments and to sort out drifting to the left MB (and others) sell eccentric "camber bolts" to offset the previously fixed suspension datum points.

These bolts give around 0.5 degree of "extra" adjustment which ,providing nothing is bent thanks to the lovely condition of the roads, is normally enough to sort out most alignment issues.

mercedes camber bolts - Yahoo Image Search results

Kenny

^^^ that’s the very fellows I had fitted to mine. Also straightens the steering wheel. Which is worth the money itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Luckily, no problem like that whatsoever with x218. Couldn't not check it straight after work. Tyres worn even.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom