CLS W219 CD Changer door wont open

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Jim

Car
CLS63
Hi

I'm back in the Merc fold after many years away driving other marques!

Start the car and I can hear a constant buzzing from CD Multi changer behind the panel. Panel won't open. CDs play as expected (previous owner left three cds in).

Ive replaced the whole unit with a second hand one from fleabay - same problem, so I guess it isn't the unit itself.

Any ideas?

TIA

Jim

What is happening to the unit you replaced the old one with. My reason for asking is mine was broken .it was the small motor underneath had broken the plastic gears off inside that small black box. I also bought a used unit off eBay and it worked as it should. I'm thinking did eBay sell you a duff unit ??

What is happening to the unit you replaced the old one with. My reason for asking is mine was broken .it was the small motor underneath had broken the plastic gears off inside that small black box. I also bought a used unit off eBay and it worked as it should. I'm thinking did eBay sell you a duff unit ??
Quite possibly the second one might be duff.
Was the gearing inside the black box broken or was it the little star shaped gear that protrodes from it?

Hey! Thanks, I think thats it! The little star shaped cog I'm talking about has snapped off. On both of them!

I'm going to try and gorilla glue it back on.

I'll let you know how I get on!

pity i threw my old one in the bin too, that part was ok on mine , it was the gearing inside that small black box , something happened and it kinda went out of sync and the motor would just keep on running after the door had closed and it sheared the cogs inside .

Well it isn't going very well. Ive glued the star shaped cog back in place but it isn't aligned with where the little arm needs to sit.

I need to play around while the power is on I think.

pity i threw my old one in the bin too, that part was ok on mine , it was the gearing inside that small black box , something happened and it kinda went out of sync and the motor would just keep on running after the door had closed and it sheared the cogs inside .

Bugger! Not to worry.

The exact same thing happens to me, the motor just keeps turning. I reckon it might be time to just buy new (or go without a cd changer) :)

My CD changer is buggered too. Changer won't release, and no amount of fettling will get things working. Luckily, I'm an old fart and just listen to Radio 2 anyway, which works just fine...

So whatever happens, the motor just keeps turning and it snaps the cog off.

Does anyone know if its a faulty motor or something to do with the car? I'm worried that if I buy a new unit, the car will just tell the motor to keep turning, and that will snap the cog again.

Any thoughts/ideas welcome.

There's a sensor in it and it knows when the draw is shut . and shuts off power . its part of a new unit and nothing on the car at fault. I bought the full unit from an e class for £70 and it works a treat . just think you've been unlucky tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom