CLS W219 cup holder chrome rings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

notsofast

Car
CLS320Cdi
Hello all,
The only interior defect in my car is the chrome is coming off one of the pictured rings. I have searched the web and seen them removed and painted or simply cough up £100 or so and replace the entire unit (p/n 219 680 04 14 9051) but I really struggle to justify the cost but very much like the chrome.
It's been a while since I saw any new posts on these so has anyone managed to find a source for the chrome rings only?

Attachments

• SAM_7628 (Custom).JPG
    SAM_7628 (Custom).JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 53
  • SAM_7632 (Custom).JPG
    SAM_7632 (Custom).JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 39
Mine are exactly the same , I live with it , wont pay £100 to replace and cant be bothered with the hassle of removal , paint and refit .

You won't see many on UK forums as luckily those hideous things were only standard fit in the states where they are always moaning about them peeling.

They do work well as cupholders but we're presumably designed by their Chrysler studio.

I had the same problem, and tried to find a company to re chrome them, and haven't found one. I ended up paying the £80 from MB for a new complete holder. Some of the forums have suggested just painting them black. But I think the chrome looks so much better IMHO.

mine doesnt even have these... must be Poverty Spec :)

However I would very much like cup holders in the front, it drive me mad such a big car only has them in the rear.

Peeling on mine too, gotta say the do look pretty weird and unfinished.
Would like to change to non cupholder but it's to much of a big deal..

mine doesnt even have these... must be Poverty Spec :)

However I would very much like cup holders in the front, it drive me mad such a big car only has them in the rear.

I actually only discovered the pair in the rear armrest today - Had the car since April........I count that as 5 cup holders in a 4 seater :wallbash:

I actually only discovered the pair in the rear armrest today - Had the car since April........I count that as 5 cup holders in a 4 seater :wallbash:

I use the front hole in the rear centre console as I don't have those fugly ones.

I had a thought - Is it practical to chrome vinyl wrap the rings? Anyone with any experience of this? I don't know if vinyl wrap is flexible or adhesive enough for these rings?

I have only ever wrapped Christmas presents.

Ordered a small sheet of chrome finish vinyl wrap to give it a go - Will post results.
Any guidance very welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom