CLS W219 exterior temp sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gbrowncls55

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS500 4.7TT 2012,, SL350 09, 996 cab, all current. Gone :CLS 55 E500 W211, 2x M5s and too many 911s
My exterior temp readings have gone mad and I think it may be affecting my climate control. Does anyone know where the actual exterior temp sensor is so I can replace it? Thanks

Its behind the small circle left of the steering wheel. But i also think there is 1 in the overhead light arrangement. A scanner will tell you which is broke. Sorry missread post. Those 2 are interior sensors.

Should be a probe behind the n/s mesh grill, just to the left of the foglight

Thanks AMGeed I will take a look tomrrow. One for the Road; Those are the interior temp sensors for the aircon/climate control. Interestingly if the one in the overhead unit fails you have to replace the whole pod. Only know because it failed on my wifes R230

It was indeed behind the nearside fog light grill , but was just loose on the undertray so moving about on acceleration and braking getting close to pipes and the heat from the condensor. ( Iexpect they forgot to refit it when they had the undertsy off last service). I found a hole in the front of the undertary behind the fog light grill and with the use of a grommet fitted the sensor securely into that. (no idea if its the right hole!) it does not protrude enough to get hit but is clear of all heat and now seems to say about the right temp. I will give it a week or so and if its still troublesome i will replace it as its only a 10 min job. Thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom