CLS W219 Moisture in Boot, Rear window and Rear Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

silversurfer10

Car
SLK
Hi everyone!

I have noticed that when it has been raining or heavy dew forms on the car, the rear window has condensation from the inside, the rear lights have condensation and when I open the boot, I see that there is water on the inside of the boot near where the boot closes as well as on the tip of the boot. I was wondering if this is normal and if anyone else has had this issue? Long-term will it cause any problems? Thank you.

Common problem is the rubber seals around the lights. Once you get the trim out in the boot it is 5 bolts (I think) to pull the light unit out. Either get new seals or silicone the existing. You need to get it sorted because it could cause damage inside the light units and if you have the LED versions this usually means a new light unit.

Edit: Forgot the other favourite is the black plastic strips inside the body lip for the boot on either side. The plastic clips that hold the black plastic strips fit into little rubber socks that are supposed to keep the water out, until they split. Repaired mine with silicone.

Last edited:
Hi , three replies regarding your issue.

I have C207 E400 and what I do re the head lights condensation issue is I park up hill , no issues and and if a park down hill the problem returns.

Regarding internal condensation what I do is keep the difference between internal and external temperatures as close as possible.

In the winter I set the temp to 20 and not issues so far.

What I do is clean all the seals and drain systems on the car on a regular basis.

Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom