CLS W219 RHD to LHD Conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Selowatt

Car
W219 w211
Hi people,
I had conversion my W219 from RHD to LHD. I have completed all the works of car in general. Only software jobs remained. First units that comes to my mind; front right and left door modules, ZGW (CentralGate) module. When I connect to these units with star dinostic and try to change their functions with variation codec, I constantly encounter problems. For example, the left front door module never sees the control panels of the rear door windows. Also when I select "Left steering" instead of "Right steering" from the ZGW module, it gives SRS warning. In this situation i think also I need to make changes from the airbag module. I think someone who has done this kind of RHD to LHD operation can solve all my problems. I also installed a vediamo program on my computer to be able to install versions on the modules. Now i need your adviseses. Sorry for my English. Thank you.

Hi and welcome,

Not sure what you are trying to achieve there.

You didn't actually change the dashboard, steering wheel, and front suspension, etc... right?

Hi and welcome,

Not sure what you are trying to achieve there.

You didn't actually change the dashboard, steering wheel, and front suspension, etc... right?
Thanks,
Yes i have changed dashboard, power steering rack etc. I am good with mechanic and wirings of electronic items. Only i need some help about control units adaptation. Programming door control units, central gateway unit, srs control unit etc. I have xentry and vediamo ready.

Thanks,
Yes i have changed dashboard, power steering rack etc. I am good with mechanic and wirings of electronic items. Only i need some help about control units adaptation. Programming door control units, central gateway unit, srs control unit etc. I have xentry and vediamo ready.
Wow that is very impressive - presumably you had to move some components in the engine bay too like the master brake cylinder etc?

Wow that is very impressive - presumably you had to move some components in the engine bay too like the master brake cylinder etc?
Yes moved master brake cylinder, front SAM, wirings, windshield plastic cover, wiper mechanism, hand brake wire, hood opening wire, front door handles, front carpets, accelator pedal, dashboard wall, dashboard skeleton and even climate boiler inside of dash. So now stucked with software of a door only:)

Yes moved master brake cylinder, front SAM, wirings, windshield plastic cover, wiper mechanism, hand brake wire, hood opening wire, front door handles, front carpets, accelator pedal, dashboard wall, dashboard skeleton and even climate boiler inside of dash. So now stucked with software of a door only:)
Wow, hats off to you, and I declare that I am not worthy to be in your presence!

Seriously a big well done from me, and I hope you get the information you are after regarding the software updates/reconfiguration required to make your conversion work fully.

Despite your considerable skills, why not just buy a lhd car? surely it would have been more cost effective.

Matt :thumb:

Despite your considerable skills, why not just buy a lhd car? surely it would have been more cost effective.

Matt :thumb:
Thanks. I bought it from customs, it was cheap so i searched used parts and was cheap as well. One more factor is that i like to do that as hobby🙂

Hi people,
I had conversion my W219 from RHD to LHD. I have completed all the works of car in general. Only software jobs remained. First units that comes to my mind; front right and left door modules, ZGW (CentralGate) module. When I connect to these units with star dinostic and try to change their functions with variation codec, I constantly encounter problems. For example, the left front door module never sees the control panels of the rear door windows. Also when I select "Left steering" instead of "Right steering" from the ZGW module, it gives SRS warning. In this situation i think also I need to make changes from the airbag module. I think someone who has done this kind of RHD to LHD operation can solve all my problems. I also installed a vediamo program on my computer to be able to install versions on the modules. Now i need your adviseses. Sorry for my English. Thank you.
Hello,

I too, have a RHD W219 and wanted to know if you had to then replace the whole headlights or if there was an internal mechanism/switch to adjust the w219's headlights from RHD to LHD. Please advise.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom