CLS W219 window drop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gbrowncls55

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS500 4.7TT 2012,, SL350 09, 996 cab, all current. Gone :CLS 55 E500 W211, 2x M5s and too many 911s
High my CSL 55 has frameless windows as they all do. Normally when I open the drivers door the window drops a little and then rises again when the door is closed. Today I got out of the car and the window dropped a little as usual but when I closed the door it did not rise. And it continues to be like this. I can raise it using the window door switch but of course when I open the door it drops again and wont go up when I close it. So the only way to lock the car is to close the drivers door with the ignition In, go round to the passenger doo,r get in , raise the drivers window manually remove the key and exit via the passenger door. and lock it from there. (it has keyless go.) the other three doors all still work Normally. Just the drivers door wont rise on closing. any ideas......

I had this once on my CLK from memory I think it was connected to the door sensor as the inside light wasn't operating either, may be a good first port of call..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

As above also possibly that window just needs resetting (normalising)?

Sorry chaps I seem to have posted this thread twice. Can admin delete the first one....second is clearer.

Well it seems to have returned to normal without me doing anything so all good. On!y thing I can think of is that I had left the drivers door open for about two hours by accident / incompetence in the morning and perhaps that confused it for a while. Anyway seems ok now. Thanks all.

Sorry chaps I seem to have posted this thread twice. Can admin delete the first one....second is clearer.

Report the other thread, should bring it to his attention :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom