Cls w219

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maniek2412

Car
Looking new
Hi i m new on this forum. I m looking to buy cla w219 3.5 petrol but i ve got question its reg 56 still got a sbc brakes?

Hi i m new on this forum. I m looking to buy cla w219 3.5 petrol but i ve got question its reg 56 still got a sbc brakes?

Not a simple yes/no answer I'm afraid as SBC was removed over 2006.

You'll need to check the car.

Ok thanks for info. I m not sure but in w211 late 2006 they removed sbc. So propably in w219 as well

Ok thanks for info. I m not sure but in w211 late 2006 they removed sbc. So propably in w219 as well

The w211 went through a facelift in the summer of 2006 and that coincided with the removal of the SBC. So it's easier to figure of a 2006 W211 has SBC or not because of engine spec changes and small visible changes to the exterior.

Confusingly the CLS seems to have lost SBC about the same time as the w211 but wasn't given a facelift until early 2008.

I read same whAt u says. Both of them lost sbc in same time. I looking car aroun 2006 reg but i dont want couple days lAter pay 1400£ for a pump

Double tap the brakes whilst in drive to initiate the Hold feature.

If it has SBC the letters SBC H should come up on the dash.

If it has the successor to SBC it will just say HOLD.

Even easier to lift the bonnet and look behind the offside headlamp for the big silver/aluminium box with lots of brake pipes connected to it with 'SBC' moulded onto the face...

ad7d2fa4852ab87a4f66935a574153fe.jpg
232c76f3e1899abc419c186e920d56d2.jpg

So withone is with sbc?

That second picture i think?

I would say yes the second one has SBC

2nd PIC, look closely and you can see it says SBC on the aluminium block, bottom left.

First is a 2009 and second is 56 reg so i think they stopped put sbc in 2007 not the same time what w211

Guys and what u think about this engine 3.5 petrol? Its millage about 90k miles is high for this engin?

It went in mid 2006, it was a 'facelift' as in mid life changes but not one that replaced body panels.

Apart from losing SBC it was also when the 55 became the 63 and the easily spotted external change is the GPS aerial moved inboard on the roof rather than being clipped to the rear edge and the grill though these are often changed on older cars so not a reliable guide to age.

Last edited:
But is other problems with this engine? I use car just in town so i don t need rocket:)

I would be worry more about MPG though :)
I remember once i achieved 47MPG on the run down the M1 Northampton to London with mine 3.0 V6 cdi.
Its not huge difference in MPG between 3.5 and 55amg :)

Yes i know but there is airmatic.. I dont want airmatic. I do just about 10k a year so i dont care about mpg

It went in mid 2006, it was a 'facelift' as in mid life changes but not one that replaced body panels.

Apart from losing SBC it was also when the 55 became the 63 and the easily spotted external change is the GPS aerial moved inboard on the roof rather than being clipped to the rear edge and the grill though these are often changed on older cars so not a reliable guide to age.
Dead right Ian, my 0ld cls july 06 reg didn't have SBC it also had the Gps aerial on the roof, it also had a jack plug in the glove box , that the earlier ones didn't have, don't know about the grill though, I thought that changed to the 2 slat one in 08

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom