CLS Wheel Colour Change - How Dark?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidg1230

Apologies for another wheel refurb/colour change thread but I'm trying to canvas opinion of colour for my 2009 black CLS. The wheels have been badly refurbished by the previous owner and the lacquer has already started to crack, plus I've curbed them in a few places as I get use to the car's size:doh:

So, I'm getting them powder coated shortly and felt like going for an anthracite colour over the standard silver, question is how dark should I go? I've seen plenty of greys in other threads and know I don't want it too dark. I've seen plenty of cars on the road with various shades of grey so I've photoshoped 2 options here (top view is current standard silver) My preference is probably the middle one which is comparable to a colour I've seen on some recent Maserati's. The bottom darker colour is similar to a Skoda or BMW dark anthracite.

However, I do look at the picture sometimes and think that the original silver is still the best??

I still prefer the silver, but every one will have a different idea.
The other two just look dirty to me:D

Have to agree, stick with the silver! Had the same dilemma when purchasing new wheels, ended up buying them in a 'slate grey', as nice as they are, think they would look better in silver. Having them refurbed purely for a colour change.

Thanks for the replies, feeling a similar way now but still a little unsure.

Reading more posts here and checking out various companies that do work in the London area, I've noticed chrome finishes can now be done by powder coating, which I'm liking the look of, but have read reports that it might not last as long and obviously more expensive?

I'd also like some recommendations for good companies west of London (I'm in SW11)

black car works with silver wheels .. contrast is what is needed.

get it done in Mercedes Sterling Silver, which is a bright sort of shiny silver

Get nice clean silver... The darker looks dirty and just one person thinks that, others will too?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom