Cls wheels compatibility

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dancki

Car
CLS 500 AMG
Hi all

I know probably this was already posted here but i fond it difficult to get grasp of the wheel sizes offsets etc.

Keep the long story short i want to get new wheels for my cls. The current BBS ones are not in my taste and also they ron on 35mm tyres which are more sporty and i would like to have something with more cushion in the road. I was thinking to go breakers yard and pick up some original MB wheels from there.

Anyone done it yet and if so which models i could get the wheels from. I dont mind to seap my 19” to either 18” or 17”

Thanks for advise.

Have a look on an alloy wheel traders website . compare years .sizes and offsets . to be certain .

Which do you have ? Someone was selling AMG III here with the correct offset (25mm Front, 28 Rear).

I just might be interested in yours!

Which do you have ? Someone was selling AMG III here with the correct offset (25mm Front, 28 Rear).

I just might be interested in yours!

As per my progile photo. The fromt are 255/35/r19. Rear are 285/35/r19

Im after stock cls ones so the car look more classy rather than sporty. Dont mind swapping.

Was really after info if for example e class or c class wheels would be ok to put on my cls

Merc wheels have the offsets stamped on the back.

Normally the C and E have different offsets, the ones that'll fir properly are the SL ones (but this is for the AMG)

the 17" might not fit due to brake caliper clearance. I'd suggest at least 18"

ok

so i found some amg wheels but the offsets are different what the website you guys sent suggests

MB recommendation is

18x8.5 28 245/40R18 18x9.5 33 275/35R18

and the one i found are :
245/40/18 et 48
265/35/18 et 54

can i work clearances out with spacers
20mm front
21mm rear

or i am wrong again and still don't understand.

I've priced wheels for my CLS as I've bought today a set of winter tyres . 18 inch brand new start at £450 . and tbh merc genuine 2nd hand wheels are no better in quality and are priced as much . BTW fakes don't have the merc stamp and part number's and et on the rears.

i probably would be better of with MB specified ET's but is so hard to find these wheels. I am trying get to MB breakers or something to get these wheels. Don't really want to go ebay route as too many fakes. If somebody breaks original car down these wheels will be genuine.
Beware buying wheels from a breakers, they may have been involved in a crash.

Beware buying wheels from a breakers, they may have been involved in a crash.

thanks for that, i am aware of this tho. at breakers will be easy enough to check the wheels. Also was thinking going there with rag and can of wd40 to celan the wheel on the inside to check for cracks. lol

So i have checked with number of different peoples on few second hand items trading web sites and apps and all those that have wheels taken of the cls car have different offsets that what my hand book says it should be installed. I have some poxy et 28 and et18 and the wheels that are available for sale have et48 amd 58.

Can somebody explain this to me???

Btw i have looked closely yesterday and seems i have my front wheels on 20mm spacers

So i have checked with number of different peoples on few second hand items trading web sites and apps and all those that have wheels taken of the cls car have different offsets that what my hand book says it should be installed. I have some poxy et 28 and et18 and the wheels that are available for sale have et48 amd 58.

Can somebody explain this to me???

Btw i have looked closely yesterday and seems i have my front wheels on 20mm spacers

Click on any of the wheels in the following link and check the ET.
The wheels you currently have with ET28 and ET18 are the correct ones for a CLS. The spacers you have are just pushing the correct wheels out further.
Mercedes CLS Class Coupe Alloys (C219) - Alloy Wheels Direct

The alloys you see with ET48 and 58 are not designed for the W219 CLS whatever the seller says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom