Cls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cl55 amg

Car
CL55 AMG
Hi Chaps.

After a CLS for the wife after she has had her RX300 written off. Only have a budget off approx 6.5K, which i understand will be a early one. Ideally in black, all engines considered. But does need to be well looked after with service history.

:thumb: Danny

One went through BCA for just over £4000. it had around 120,000 miles and was a 350 engined car.
Obviously fees etc on top of that hammer price to consider but it did surprise me.

One went through BCA for just over £4000. it had around 120,000 miles and was a 350 engined car.
Obviously fees etc on top of that hammer price to consider but it did surprise me.

Misread the first post, I automatically thought diesel.

Don't forget to factor in your budget for when the air suspension goes wrong, which put me off these otherwise lovely cars.

Don't forget to factor in your budget for when the air suspension goes wrong, which put me off these otherwise lovely cars.

Most 350s won't have airmatic. I personally wouldn't buy a CLS without air. The car is so much nicer to be in, especially on big wheels.

I've not had an issue with the air suspension on my car over the last 3 years. Yes you may hear some horror stories but usually from years ago when parts were only available via the main dealer.

Everything sounds worse on the internet!

Most 350s won't have airmatic. I personally wouldn't buy a CLS without air. The car is so much nicer to be in, especially on big wheels.

I've not had an issue with the air suspension on my car over the last 3 years. Yes you may hear some horror stories but usually from years ago when parts were only available via the main dealer.

Everything sounds worse on the internet!

Indeed, in the few years I've been hanging around I don't think there have been any horror stories regarding Airmatic.

From what I've seen, normal spring and damper set ups (broken springs) and the vastly more complicated system on the SLs etc are more likely to have problems and I still don't need more than the fingers of one hand to count those.

People always make a big deal of anything that has a big ticket item involved, look at the SBC pump as an example, a very expensive service item when its time comes but very few people have actually had it replaced, the hoo har is people worrying about it.

the hoo har is people worrying about it.

Sometimes I'm surprised that the seriously risk adverse buy Mercedes at all. I can point them to their local Skoda dealership to pick up a fabia if they want something cheap and reliable.

I'd rather pay the money, even when these expensive systems break down...they are just worth every penny.

I was terrified when I bought my cls.

Stories from everyone about how broke I was going to be , but the air ride is just a different kettle of fish to anything I've ever been in , you just don't look back !

Now I know there are cheaper fixes available for most things , the pressure is off.

I must say , I love the car.

You can't fully enjoy the car until you overcome the fear of what if...

4 non gen stickers. Non gen wheels. Boot lip spoiler. (Not sure if it's gen or not).
Drug dealer tints.

The rest looks pretty clean.

The 5.0 engine is a good, strong and reliable lump. The mileage wouldn't put me off but I'd make a cheeky offer well below asking price and see what happens.
The main concern for me would be the gearbox. Make sure you thoroughly test it.

4 non gen stickers. Non gen wheels. Boot lip spoiler. (Not sure if it's gen or not).
Drug dealer tints.

The rest looks pretty clean.

The 5.0 engine is a good, strong and reliable lump. The mileage wouldn't put me off but I'd make a cheeky offer well below asking price and see what happens.
The main concern for me would be the gearbox. Make sure you thoroughly test it.

Agree with the stickers etc, but I quite like the wheels. :ban:

Looks OK to me and the mileage shouldn't be a problem on a V8 especially.

£6k tops with a fresh MOT?

Lots of car for the money, I would loose the stickers esp the ring on the bootlid lol also red calipers ... Really? Apart from that looks fairly good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom