Cls320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Redhammer999

Car
Mercedes cls320
Hi all,

Just about to get my 2006CLS 320CDI next weekend.

Silver with black interior.

My ones a bit different I think. It has AMG lowered suspension? Not sure if it was standard or not? Either way it looks tasty.
93K on the clock. I don't know all the specs yet but I think it's got everything I want/need.

Looking forward to a bit of looking around for info on it and maybe a few cheeky upgrades. We shall see, but from a new owner (nearly) a hey to all in MB world.

Red

It has AMG lowered suspension? Not sure if it was standard or not?

only suspension option on your CLS is Airmatic .. if it has it, you will find 2 additional buttons behind the gear selector; big one to select Comfort, Sport I or Sport II. Smaller one to raise/lower the car.

only suspension option on your CLS is Airmatic .. if it has it, you will find 2 additional buttons behind the gear selector; big one to select Comfort, Sport I or Sport II. Smaller one to raise/lower the car.

...and the standard fit AMG Airmatic is supposedly differently setup to the normal version and then had the option of an even stiffer version of that.

Welcome, nice choice! You'll love airmatic.

Hi,

I don't think it is. I only have a single photo of that area in car. Don't see the option for it, I do see sport or comfort mode but nothing else. Maybe you can advise if I missed something?

Update: get car tomorrow!

Last edited:
No airmatic on that car.

Yeah, that's what I thought. It's lowered AMG suspension with struts apparently. Fitted by MB approved garage. Might be very expensive to fix if it went wrong..

On W219 CLS, AMGs only came with Airmatic, tuned for AMG.

There was no such thing as AMG steel/standard suspension; or any option for it.

Welcome to the club. Have you got many plans for it? :)

Welcome to the club. Have you got many plans for it? :)

Well, not as yet. Going to just enjoy it for a while I think. Though I did find a few accessories I'd like for it, coolbox for it and also wandering if I could get a detachable towbar onto it, don't know much about the fitting of them as yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom