cls350 gone e55 amg onboard.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
Have parted with cls350 which I truly loved. Fantastic car to buzz around in. Great looks and cocoon like cabin very smart and happy place to be.

The E55 what can I say, pure Brutal speed, Nascar like. A true animal. I think I have a keeper here. :thumb:

Why did you buy an E55 and not a CLS55?

Why did you buy an E55 and not a CLS55?

Being a tall guy found the rear leg room on the cls a bit restricted for my littlens. Also the 4 seats of the cls apposed to the 5 of the E saloon. Was after a estate at first but that fell through some idiotic dealer was a total ******** to say least. Got the saloon very very happy. Had a few v8's over the years but this is by far the most brutal when needed and refined when not. Astonishing car :D

Rear space is the same as the W211 - headroom isn't though

Base of the drivers seat seems extended in the E meaning don't need the extra leg room I did in the cls. the front seat does not lower as much as in the E given me a higher driving position. The seats base especially gives me more support to my thighs meaning less the seat is reclined !!

Also the rear seats are less bucket like allowing booster seats a less restricted position.

I have a E55 ...love it , would love a Cls55 but funds don't allow at the moment...Enjoy the 'E' ..not much between them :thumb:

I have a E55 ...love it , would love a Cls55 but funds don't allow at the moment...Enjoy the 'E' ..not much between them :thumb:

Thanks French, I intend to.

Just curious why you want a cls55?

Couple questions regarding the E55.

1. Is petrol Grade noticeable with performance?

2. My car doesn't have a spare wheel neither a space saver?

Thanks

Tom

Couple questions regarding the E55.

1. Is petrol Grade noticeable with performance?

2. My car doesn't have a spare wheel neither a space saver?

Thanks

Tom

I use Shell V Max or Tesco Momentum. Its an AMG and I think they run better on a higher octane.

Mine has neither spare or spacesaver either. Put a couple of cans of tyreweld in the boot and use the electric tyre inflator.

I only run mine on Momentum or V-Power (where necessary).

Car always runs at its best as a result - no pinking and is currently running approx. 600BHP.

I will keep to the super grade as I have done with all the performance cars I have owned. I have a package in the boot of the tyreweld so that will do.

Cheers.

Just curious what gear box setting do you use around town and which suspension setting?

1. Comfort
2.Sport
3.Manual shifting.

Suspension settings

1 Comfort
2 sport 1
3 sport 2

Cheers

I will keep to the super grade as I have done with all the performance cars I have owned. I have a package in the boot of the tyreweld so that will do.

Cheers.

Call me old school but I don't like this scenario - I prefer a wheel of some sort.

As rare an event it might be - if your tyre does anything more than just gets a puncture, a can of that is as effective as a cat flap in an elephant house.

Just curious what gear box setting do you use around town and which suspension setting?

1. Comfort
2.Sport
3.Manual shifting.

Suspension settings

1 Comfort
2 sport 1
3 sport 2

Cheers

I used C most of the time when cruising around. I flip it to S when required. In C, I find I hear more of my exhaust because it pulls away in 2nd.

As for suspension - I use Sport II. I find this is the most satisfactory for handling and normal driving. Comfort isn't a lot different on ride but is noticeable on handling I find.

Call me old school but I don't like this scenario - I prefer a wheel of some sort.

As rare an event it might be - if your tyre does anything more than just gets a puncture, a can of that is as effective as a cat flap in an elephant house.

I used C most of the time when cruising around. I flip it to S when required. In C, I find I hear more of my exhaust because it pulls away in 2nd.

As for suspension - I use Sport II. I find this is the most satisfactory for handling and normal driving. Comfort isn't a lot different on ride but is noticeable on handling I find.

Nice one John. I will keep that in mind with the gearbox I have been in S mostly. Feels like the car wants to take off when just pottering around. C it will be then. Also I have been in C with suspension I may change that also. Cant get enough of the exhaust note so C it will definatley be lol. |The Power the car has is unbelievable it scary to be fair. You have upgraded yours to 600hp that must be mental. I have no plans for any mods yet but may do down the line.

Cheers

Tom

I'll give you 6 months:D

Ajusting to the stock power right now lol :thumb:But probably will do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom