CLS350d CLS350 Bluetec differences

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benzIT001

I'm contemplating buying a CLS 350 deisel coupe but i've noticed the ones around MY2015 onwards have been badged differently they were CLS350 Bluetec and now are called CLS350d from the face of it the HP has gone from 251bhp to 258bhp torque remains the same but thats all can see.

Does anyone know what the differences are between the two?

benzIT001 said:
I'm contemplating buying a CLS 350 deisel coupe but i've noticed the ones around MY2015 onwards have been badged differently they were CLS350 Bluetec and now are called CLS350d from the face of it the HP has gone from 251bhp to 258bhp torque remains the same but thats all can see. Does anyone know what the differences are between the two?
i think the new cars have the new 9g tronic transmission but i could be wrong lol!!

I think the newer CDI engine has AdBlue, whereas the older diesels don't.

Maybe that is the difference.

Also, older CLS's have the 7G auto box, as has my 2011 CLS.

My CLS (Shooting Break) is about 20 months old I am sure it has BLUETECH on the back (right hand side), certainly uses Addblue and has 9G gear box. I cannot see any specific differences with the current desc/spec on the Mercedes website. The slightly earlier ones had the 350 cdi Blue Efficiency engine which produced 265BHP

Perhaps just a change in labelling ?

I think it's just the labelling as well. My E350 Bluetech (I got them removed from the back) is now called a E350d. The only difference is the fact that it has CarPlay now, whereas mine doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom