CLS500 on Autotrader

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had a "Grey Import" years ago.
A Toyota TT Soarer, immaculate, one of the best buys I've made. I had to fish around a bit back then for insurance but A-Plan were pretty good in the end, I remember (Still) the outrageous quotes from Adrian Flux...Great car ,the only reason I sold it was I used to like taking my Dad out for trips & soon realised that a the doors were really long so in a normal parking space only one person could get out of out safely... Actually let me clarify, because my Dad was a bit infirm ,I had to open his door fully to help him out of the car, so car was sold ! But ,yeah Japanese imports generally seem very good cars...
Those doors were long but the hinges were beautifully engineered

I'll be selling my 2008 CLS 500 with the more powerful 5.5 engine (outside the engine failure range) at some point in the near future for a little over 5K. It was previously owned by another forum contributor and between him and myself all niggles have been rectified. Drop me a pm if interested.
I don't have sufficient posts to pm you. Could you email me on ptreston at hotmail dot com?

TBH th
Those doors were long but the hinges were beautifully engineered
TBH whole car was Bobby, the engine was fantastic. My friend visited me one day , hadn't seen hom for awhile & he was/is a bit of a wind up merchant was going on saying that the car looked like a canoe etc & I'd better order a briar pipe & slippers to go with it. I had it on E bay at the time so I said that I had to move it to a garage I had a few miles away, so off we went, I pressed on a bit , after 3 miles he said "I'll buy it", I told him it had bids on it but he insisted he wanted it. Bit of a pain but it was mates rates & it had reached above that on e bay but buddies are worth more than money so I said I want what I paid & the tax back No probs , so off he went & paid me a few months later.

TBH th

TBH whole car was Bobby, the engine was fantastic. My friend visited me one day , hadn't seen hom for awhile & he was/is a bit of a wind up merchant was going on saying that the car looked like a canoe etc & I'd better order a briar pipe & slippers to go with it. I had it on E bay at the time so I said that I had to move it to a garage I had a few miles away, so off we went, I pressed on a bit , after 3 miles he said "I'll buy it", I told him it had bids on it but he insisted he wanted it. Bit of a pain but it was mates rates & it had reached above that on e bay but buddies are worth more than money so I said I want what I paid & the tax back No probs , so off he went & paid me a few months later.
My father in law had one. It was a great and fascinating car in so many ways. He’s been fortunate to have had many nice cars, and this is his favourite.

Sent you a mail TinCool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom