CLS55/63 carbon diffuser, which one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fivehunnit

Car
CLS63 AMG (W219)
Been after a nice rear carbon diffuser for a while and it's time to get it done, I've seen one person on forums install one, which buried the exhaust tips a little, seen a few on eBay but they all look the same pretty much, had a jolly laugh at the Renntech prices etc, anyone seen different styles for sale or maybe got one installed?

There is this one, but its a bit plain.

Mercedes W219 CLS55/CLS63 AMG Carbon Fiber Diffuser

This looks remarkably like the Taiwanese/Chinese diffusers that are a questionable fit.

06-10 M-Benz W219 CLS55 CLS63 Only Carbon Fiber Rear Add-on Bumper Diffuser Lip | eBay

Some pricey ones here from eBay Germany.

Items in mh dezent de store on eBay !

I have one fitted to my E55, and the tips do need moving out about 25mm. A job for MSL next visit.
I wouldn't be tempted by the CKS ones which are the Eurotek ones imported from the US and the price marked up. Happy Hunting.

DSCF0100_zpsbwxr1yax.jpg

There is this one, but its a bit plain.

Mercedes W219 CLS55/CLS63 AMG Carbon Fiber Diffuser

This looks remarkably like the Taiwanese/Chinese diffusers that are a questionable fit.

06-10 M-Benz W219 CLS55 CLS63 Only Carbon Fiber Rear Add-on Bumper Diffuser Lip | eBay

Some pricey ones here from eBay Germany.

Items in mh dezent de store on eBay !

I have one fitted to my E55, and the tips do need moving out about 25mm. A job for MSL next visit.
I wouldn't be tempted by the CKS ones which are the Eurotek ones imported from the US and the price marked up. Happy Hunting.

DSCF0100_zpsbwxr1yax.jpg

Thanks for the reply, yours looks great, some of those on eBay Germany are nice but damn, as you say... I saw a good looking one with a centre vent a while ago, but it must've either been sold or discontinued. I'm actually at MSL soon for head bolts and SLS buckets along with iPE headers and tune, the parts take a week or more to arrive, the wait is killing me lol, if I decide on a bit of a chunky one, I could ask them to move the tips out a few inch in prep for it arriving, hmmm.. did you get yours from the uk? I think I picked up additional charges last time I got something from Taiwan or similar, I don't really want to pay £250 for it and then find out there's £70 duty on top :(

ChrisA has a black CLS that is parked up at MSL currently, unless its been fixed.
Take a look at the diffuser fitted on that. I really like it.
Might be worth a PM asking him where he got it if you like that style.

Its this one
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/atta...age-3-sale-screenshot_2015-08-01-19-10-44.jpg

Mine was bought from a member here who never got around to fitting it to his W211 E63. I was lucky the fitment was pretty good. Some of them are really bad.

ChrisA has a black CLS that is parked up at MSL currently, unless its been fixed.
Take a look at the diffuser fitted on that. I really like it.
Might be worth a PM asking him where he got it if you like that style.

Its this one
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/atta...age-3-sale-screenshot_2015-08-01-19-10-44.jpg

Mine was bought from a member here who never got around to fitting it to his W211 E63. I was lucky the fitment was pretty good. Some of them are really bad.
That's the exact one I saw a few weeks ago and now can't find :(

How much of a job is it to move the tips out a bit? Moving the mufflers out a bit is probably easiest, but then needing to reposition the rubber hangers?

How much of a job is it to move the tips out a bit? Moving the mufflers out a bit is probably easiest, but then needing to reposition the rubber hangers?

Don't really know mate. But Imran at MSL said he'd do mine next visit. I got the impression its not a quick job and yes the whole muffler would be moved.
They would probably just weld on new hangers.

Just found this one, how sceptical would you be about ordering it?
F1 style Carbon Fiber Diffuser For Benz W219 AMG CLS55 AMG Rear Bumper only | eBay

That looks pretty much the same as ChrisA's diffuser.

I would take a chance on fitment. Even mine had to have a couple of holes drilled and bolted on the bring the ends in. Clear silicon sealant does a great job of filling any small gaps.

I taped mine on to start then drilled and fixed with bolts which I painted with black hammerite so they don't even show. Then went round and filled any gaps with silicon. On grey its not noticable at all.

Last edited:
That looks pretty much the same as ChrisA's diffuser.

I would take a chance on fitment. Even mine had to have a couple of holes drilled and bolted on the bring the ends in. Clear silicon sealant does a great job of filling any small gaps.

I taped mine on to start then drilled and fixed with bolts which I painted with black hammerite so they don't even show. Then went round and filled any gaps with silicon. On grey its not noticable at all.

Thanks for that, I like this one, it seems more OEM
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...2905&category=36475&pm=1&ds=0&t=1486592950869

what type of import fees would I end up with, if I were to go ahead with this? Around 20% plus VAT?

Can't help with import costs but maybe there is some indication on the HM Customs and Excise website?
That looks a decent style. A bit more subtle than the last one.:D

The one that killerhertz has mentioned looks great imo. I wanted to get one of these diffusers before but didn't like the way the fitment looked. For example exhaust tips being hidden by diffuser and the edges protruding over the original lines of the bumper. However this diffuser looks spot on as well as the renntech one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom