CLS55 AMG Driver's Door Mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

triumphboy

Car
CLS55 AMG
Hello all
Some lovely individual ripped my driver's door mirror off last night:mad:
Could anyone please advise exactly what damage has been caused here so I can looks for parts?
Would this replacement mirror on ebay fix the issue, or do I need to look for a replacement mounting part too?
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-cls-wing-mirror-o-s-silver/273847915237
Also, does anyone know if my door mirror is heated or not (not sure if that was standard, or maybe an option)?
Any help appreciated, thanks a lot :)IMG_0507 (2).jpg

To check if yours is heated (it should be) start the engine & turn on the heated rear screen & fell the passenger mirror, it'll start to get warm quite fast.

As for what's needed, can you post a larger pic?

Thanks Rusky, I'll try that!
Here's a bigger pic :)

IMG_0507 (3).jpg

To check if yours is heated (it should be) start the engine & turn on the heated rear screen & fell the passenger mirror, it'll start to get warm quite fast.

As for what's needed, can you post a larger pic?

Oh wow, they snapped the alloy casting :(

You're going to have to remove the mirror from the door so you might as well replace the whole unit rather than trying to fix this one.

Yes it looks like a lot of force was used doesn't it!
So if I buy a replacement, do you know if that would include the alloy casting (is that part of the unit?), or is that a separate part? This is the one I'm looking at buying
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-cls-wing-mirror-o-s-silver/273847915237
Thanks a lot for the advice :)

Yup it's included, the casting is the pivot point.

Looks like a good price too.

I made a cheeky offer of £50 and it was accepted! I was thinking earlier I would have to shell out hundreds on a new OEM part and fitting, so my day has improved considerably ;)

If I were you, I would celebrate with a cold :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom